Been working for UPS for only 2 months and am already considering quitting my job as a preloader.

JLGjr1995

It's only been two months and I've already just had it up to here with the idiots in management. I'm already having a bit of difficulty getting along with one supervisor(who's your typical :censored2:bag UPS supervisor). He's already threatened to fire me before peak season if I don't meet up his unrealistic work pace for unload. Not only that, he had the audacity to insult me in front of many other co-workers by singling me out with my work pace I've been loading at for the past couple of days because apparently, he thinks it's cute to do so. He also keeps holding my 90 day probation status over me, thinking that :censored2: will intimidate me even more because he's a supervisor and all.

At first, when I started working for UPS as a preloader, I honestly didn't think it was gonna be this bad until many co-workers of mine who've been working for UPS for nearly a decade have been telling me how much they absolutely hate working here.

What do you guys think?
Is it worth it for me to tolerate this bull:censored2: from management any longer for one more month in order for me to pass my 90 day probationary period or am I just bettering off leaving? I can always get another job anyway where it won't treat me as :censored2:ty as my UPS supervisors have been doing to me while it won't interfere with my college schedule much.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What do you guys think?

See that,you just spent 10 minutes of your life signing up to ask advice, another 10-15 minutes writing your novella, and how ever much time waiting for all the internet strangers to decide your fate.

You could have just quit, ran for the door, and been half way to another state by now.

specter208

I would try to make probation. If you are dead set on leaving then I would do that after peak so you can cash in on all the overtime you will get if you stay.

By The Book

What do you guys think?
Is it worth it for me to tolerate this bull:censored2: from management any longer for one more month in order for me to pass my 90 day probationary period or am I just bettering off leaving? I can always get another job anyway where it won't treat me as :censored2:ty as my UPS supervisors have been doing to me while it won't interfere with my college schedule much.
Honesty, this behavior is not isolated to part time management. If you don't like being disrespected and laughed at, and want to pursue a career that is in line with your college education, leave before you regret it. It's just a job, and being happy where you work is important.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's only been two months and I've already just had it up to here with the idiots in management. I'm already having a bit of difficulty getting along with one supervisor(who's your typical :censored2:bag UPS supervisor). He's already threatened to fire me before peak season if I don't meet up his unrealistic work pace for unload. Not only that, he had the audacity to insult me in front of many other co-workers by singling me out with my work pace I've been loading at for the past couple of days because apparently, he thinks it's cute to do so. He also keeps holding my 90 day probation status over me, thinking that :censored2: will intimidate me even more because he's a supervisor and all.

At first, when I started working for UPS as a preloader, I honestly didn't think it was gonna be this bad until many co-workers of mine who've been working for UPS for nearly a decade have been telling me how much they absolutely hate working here.

What do you guys think?

C'mon man stay then when you gain seniority You need to become this sups biggest PIA
Turn it around on him make him want to try and fire you

You can do it!!!

twoweeled

What do you guys think?
1. Sounds like he has intimidated you, if your thinking of quitting because he's on you.
2. The job probably isn't worth it, so if you want to, go ahead and quit. But don't quit because he may fire you before you probation. Continue at your pace and let him fire you, I think.

You really have few options if any right now. Start paperwork on his butt and they'll get rid of you almost certainly. Good luck, whatever you decide.

twoweeled

C'mon man stay then when you gain seniority You need to become this sups biggest PIA
Turn it around on him make him want to try and fire you

You can do it!!!
This is probably what I would do. What am I saying???
This is what I DID DO!!! They will regret you living, for your entire career.

rod

Retired 22 years
It don't take anyone long to realize UPS isn't all sunshine and lolliepops. I would say most everyone has that "Aw friend it" moment early on in their employment. All I can say is don't let them get to you. They aren't going to fire anyone this close to peak. Its all blowing smoke out their rears. Develop a great sense of humor and do your best and they will move on to the next guy to harass. If you learn to ignore them (while at the same time make them believe you actually care) you will be around a lot longer than any :censored2:bag PT sup will be.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I guess me and my cousins(who are Drivers) work at a very lenient and laid-back UPS center compared to the vast majority of others across the US then if that's the case. I honestly thought my supervisors were gonna be harsh on me already as a rookie before starting my first day but they were rather helpful(showing me all sorts of easier methods of how to unload without wearing myself out). I've been told by one highly experienced co-worker(who was spotter for me today on the extendo conveyor belts I've loaded on) to never let them get to my head when they tell me to speed up my work pace more on unloading and just continue working until I'm done as long as I'm following the power zone and safety procedure while doing my best since nothing will really happen to me(as long as I'm working).

Wait!

Wut?

twoweeled

Nice job

I am proud of you
Thank You kind sir, I did my best.
1104_schung_greetings90.jpg

JLGjr1995

Wait!

Wut?
I take back what I said from my other thread. The supervisor I'm currently having a beef with is somewhat new to the unload area. Before he showed up, I was able to tolerate working here. Many co-workers have warned me that I'll start to hate my job anyway as soon as I even get past the first month. However, the Driver jobs still seem nice, after jumping for 3 seasons in a row. Still, I'd have to suffer with the preload job for several years if I ever decide I want to be come a driver.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
See that,you just spent 10 minutes of your life signing up to ask advice, another 10-15 minutes writing your novella, and how ever much time waiting for all the internet strangers to decide your fate.

You could have just quit, ran for the door, and been half way to another state by now.

I take back what I said from my other thread. The supervisor I'm currently having a beef with is somewhat new to the unload area. Before he showed up, I was able to tolerate working here. Many co-workers have warned me that I'll start to hate my job anyway as soon as I even get past the first month. However, the Driver jobs still seem nice, after jumping for 3 seasons in a row. Still, I'd have to suffer with the preload job for several years if I ever decide I want to be come a driver.

I gave you the best advice there is and yet you are still here. QUIT NOW AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA!!!!