Been working for UPS for only 2 months and am already considering quitting my job as a preloader.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JLGjr1995, Oct 10, 2016.

1. JLGjr1995

JLGjr1995 Member

It's only been two months and I've already just had it up to here with the idiots in management. I'm already having a bit of difficulty getting along with one supervisor(who's your typical douchebag UPS supervisor). He's already threatened to fire me before peak season if I don't meet up his unrealistic work pace for unload. Not only that, he had the audacity to insult me in front of many other co-workers by singling me out with my work pace I've been loading at for the past couple of days because apparently, he thinks it's cute to do so. He also keeps holding my 90 day probation status over me, thinking that :censored2: will intimidate me even more because he's a supervisor and all.

At first, when I started working for UPS as a preloader, I honestly didn't think it was gonna be this bad until many co-workers of mine who've been working for UPS for nearly a decade have been telling me how much they absolutely hate working here.

What do you guys think?
    Is it worth it for me to tolerate this bull:censored2: from management any longer for one more month in order for me to pass my 90 day probationary period or am I just bettering off leaving? I can always get another job anyway where it won't treat me as :censored2:ty as my UPS supervisors have been doing to me while it won't interfere with my college schedule much.

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Leave. Go now. Don't look back. Run.

3. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

if you are a masochist. stay.

4. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

See that,you just spent 10 minutes of your life signing up to ask advice, another 10-15 minutes writing your novella, and how ever much time waiting for all the internet strangers to decide your fate.

You could have just quit, ran for the door, and been half way to another state by now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. specter208

specter208 Member

I would try to make probation. If you are dead set on leaving then I would do that after peak so you can cash in on all the overtime you will get if you stay.

6. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Honesty, this behavior is not isolated to part time management. If you don't like being disrespected and laughed at, and want to pursue a career that is in line with your college education, leave before you regret it. It's just a job, and being happy where you work is important.

7. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Goodbye.....next.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

C'mon man stay then when you gain seniority You need to become this sups biggest PIA
    Turn it around on him make him want to try and fire you

You can do it!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. twoweeled

twoweeled Active Member

1. Sounds like he has intimidated you, if your thinking of quitting because he's on you.
    2. The job probably isn't worth it, so if you want to, go ahead and quit. But don't quit because he may fire you before you probation. Continue at your pace and let him fire you, I think.

You really have few options if any right now. Start paperwork on his butt and they'll get rid of you almost certainly. Good luck, whatever you decide.

10. twoweeled

twoweeled Active Member

This is probably what I would do. What am I saying???
    This is what I DID DO!!! They will regret you living, for your entire career.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Nice job

I am proud of you

12. rod

rod retired and happy

It don't take anyone long to realize UPS isn't all sunshine and lolliepops. I would say most everyone has that "Aw F it" moment early on in their employment. All I can say is don't let them get to you. They aren't going to fire anyone this close to peak. Its all blowing smoke out their rears. Develop a great sense of humor and do your best and they will move on to the next guy to harass. If you learn to ignore them (while at the same time make them believe you actually care) you will be around a lot longer than any douchebag PT sup will be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Wait!

Wut?

14. That's what your wife says.

15. twoweeled

twoweeled Active Member

Thank You kind sir, I did my best.
    [​IMG]

16. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I would kiss the ring until I made union, then start filling grievances.

17. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

IMG_1386.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. JLGjr1995

JLGjr1995 Member

I take back what I said from my other thread. The supervisor I'm currently having a beef with is somewhat new to the unload area. Before he showed up, I was able to tolerate working here. Many co-workers have warned me that I'll start to hate my job anyway as soon as I even get past the first month. However, the Driver jobs still seem nice, after jumping for 3 seasons in a row. Still, I'd have to suffer with the preload job for several years if I ever decide I want to be come a driver.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I gave you the best advice there is and yet you are still here. QUIT NOW AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you can't handle the preload you will not be able to handle driving.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List