Been working for UPS for only 2 months and am already considering quitting my job as a preloader.

watdaflock?

It's only been two months and I've already just had it up to here with the idiots in management. I'm already having a bit of difficulty getting along with one supervisor(who's your typical :censored2:bag UPS supervisor). He's already threatened to fire me before peak season if I don't meet up his unrealistic work pace for unload. Not only that, he had the audacity to insult me in front of many other co-workers by singling me out with my work pace I've been loading at for the past couple of days because apparently, he thinks it's cute to do so. He also keeps holding my 90 day probation status over me, thinking that :censored2: will intimidate me even more because he's a supervisor and all.

At first, when I started working for UPS as a preloader, I honestly didn't think it was gonna be this bad until many co-workers of mine who've been working for UPS for nearly a decade have been telling me how much they absolutely hate working here.

What do you guys think?

I think you're a baby. Toughen up, butter cup. Any chance your sup is right and you really are slow?

Your co-workers are lying to you. Nobody stays at UPS for over a decade if they really hate it. Sound like your co-workers simply don't like you.

Some sups are a-holes, especially before you've earned seniority. If your stu's are any good, they'll step in and get him off your back.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I take back what I said from my other thread. The supervisor I'm currently having a beef with is somewhat new to the unload area. Before he showed up, I was able to tolerate working here. Many co-workers have warned me that I'll start to hate my job anyway as soon as I even get past the first month. However, the Driver jobs still seem nice, after jumping for 3 seasons in a row. Still, I'd have to suffer with the preload job for several years if I ever decide I want to be come a driver.
A lot more scrutiny on a driver than preloader

JLGjr1995

think you're a baby. Toughen up, butter cup. Any chance your sup is right and you really are slow?

Your co-workers are lying to you. Nobody stays at UPS for over a decade if they really hate it. Sound like your co-workers simply don't like you.

Some sups are a-holes, especially before you've earned seniority. If your stu's are any good, they'll step in and get him off your back.
"Your co-workers are lying to you."
Or it could be that they're being upfront and honest with me and only stuck with this job for so long because they have no where else to go for a job/career. Has that ever occurred to you?

Going hard on an employee with constructive criticism is one thing but to outright threaten me with job termination for unrealistic production reason already before my 90 days is just plain bull:censored2:. In fact, NONE of my co-workers have anything positive to say about that supervisor that's been giving me problems. On top of that, I've got enough problems already outside of work, with family issues and college. I don't need anymore problems added on my list. Besides, no where does it say on my UPS employee book or contract(despite not passing my 90 days yet) that supervisors are allowed to shove certain work/production rates down my throat and make me risk injuring myself just to get them their numbers, even though my supervisor also bitches about me not using my load stand for safety issues so pretty much he, along with many other crappy supervisors, can't make up their damn minds on what they really want out of me or anyone else at my hub. Judging by your comments, you sound like a typical internet troll or like one of my :censored2:bag supervisors.

JLGjr1995

This is something so many in the hub can't believe. But it is, ohhh so true!!
Well, I guess certain jobs aren't for everyone. It's not that I can't handle the preload job. I can. I'm just fed up with management constantly trying to make the job harder than it really needs to be. I've been trying really hard to stay positive and friendly to management and everyone else(co-workers) while giving my best effort to keep my flow going at my current position. I've never missed a day of work(with only ONE late attendance) while everyone else with seniority at my hub is either too busy ditching a day or two of work(without calling in), walking out of work too soon without finishing up their work(making everyone else with little to no seniority do their work for them) or comes in late very often yet I still get crapped on for not giving the supervisors their stupid numbers by not meeting their ridiculous work standards. Even a UPS driver at my hub helping out the preloaders at small sorts, has recommended me to just stick to college and either take advantage of the reimbursement benefits til I graduate or find another job that'll treat me more humane while I'm still finishing my college education.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I've never missed a day of work(with only ONE late attendance)
Well, hell!!!! Why didn't you say that before? You are amazing and awesome and a real asset to the company. Damn ONLY 1 late attendance in two months? I can't believe you are putting up with this managers' attitude. You need to set him straight immediately.

Tell us which hub you work at and I can send someone over to "speak" to your manager sometime before shift starts or after shift ends. This kinda crap cannot be tolerated!!

Well, hell!!!! Why didn't you say that before? You are amazing and awesome and a real asset to the company. Damn ONLY 1 late attendance in two months? I can't believe you are putting up with this managers' attitude. You need to set him straight immediately.

Tell us which hub you work at and I can send someone over to "speak" to your manager sometime before shift starts or after shift ends. This kinda crap cannot be tolerated!!
I was late once.

About 20 years ago.

JLGjr1995

Are you serious about it or just messing around with me?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Just think. There are still a lot of seasonals and helpers yet to be hired.

scooby0048

Are you serious about it or just messing around with me?
I am totally serious. This is exactly the kinda thing that these pukes get away with and they need to be stopped. Honestly, the group of people you work with must be the biggest pooties for not backing you up. You sound like a very hard working, intelligent individual who has WAY more going for him than some crap job at UPS. I would quit right at your 10 minute break.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am totally serious. This is exactly the kinda thing that these pukes get away with and they need to be stopped. Honestly, the group of people you work with must be the biggest pooties for not backing you up. You sound like a very hard working, intelligent individual who has WAY more going for him than some crap job at UPS. I would quit right at your 10 minute break.

I'm guessing he's the bestest of the best in his center.

JLGjr1995

I'm guessing he's the bestest of the best in his center.
Never claimed I was the best worker or do that great of a job but I put in effort and actually show up all the time since too many people at my hub ditch or walk out, making it difficult not only for other preloaders but for supervisors as well.

scooby0048

Never claimed I was the best worker or do that great of a job but I put in effort and actually show up all the time since too many people at my hub ditch or walk out, making it difficult not only for other preloaders but for supervisors as well.
I'm telling you...as soon as it's time for your 10-minute break, you should just bounce! That will really teach that peckerwood supe a lesson. It will help you look good with your peers too, as soon as the supe realizes you are gone he will get up there and start working which your peers will grieve and make a boatload of money off of!

Pooter

if you are getting a degree on something dumb or have a family then grow a pair and stick with Ups. The medical benefits alone are worth working 3 hours a day.

I personally would just GTFO now and hope I picked a good degree to pursue

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
It's only been two months and I've already just had it up to here with the idiots in management. I'm already having a bit of difficulty getting along with one supervisor(who's your typical :censored2:bag UPS supervisor). He's already threatened to fire me before peak season if I don't meet up his unrealistic work pace for unload. Not only that, he had the audacity to insult me in front of many other co-workers by singling me out with my work pace I've been loading at for the past couple of days because apparently, he thinks it's cute to do so. He also keeps holding my 90 day probation status over me, thinking that :censored2: will intimidate me even more because he's a supervisor and all.

At first, when I started working for UPS as a preloader, I honestly didn't think it was gonna be this bad until many co-workers of mine who've been working for UPS for nearly a decade have been telling me how much they absolutely hate working here.

What do you guys think?
Is it worth it for me to tolerate this bull:censored2: from management any longer for one more month in order for me to pass my 90 day probationary period or am I just bettering off leaving? I can always get another job anyway where it won't treat me as :censored2:ty as my UPS supervisors have been doing to me while it won't interfere with my college schedule much.

Quit..., stay...., nobody cares.