Been working for UPS for only 2 months and am already considering quitting my job as a preloader.

JLGjr1995

if you are getting a degree on something dumb or have a family then grow a pair and stick with Ups. The medical benefits alone are worth working 3 hours a day.

I personally would just GTFO now and hope I picked a good degree to pursue
rriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggght, as if a Software engineering and General Computer Science degree is dumb and staying single at the moment til I'm near graduation makes me a wuss, rather than being smart enough to not be a masochist, actually make use of my knowledge and refuse to be some power trip supe's b*tch. 9_9

P

pickup

Just looking at all the responses and I think something critical has been overlooked. How is the original poster going to make seniority in a month when the freeze period will be in effect?

Original poster, you got to wait until sometime in January before you gain seniority.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just looking at all the responses and I think something critical has been overlooked. How is the original poster going to make seniority in a month when the freeze period will be in effect?

Original poster, you got to wait until sometime in January before you gain seniority.
Good point! They should just quit.

Pooter

rriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggght, as if a Software engineering and General Computer Science degree is dumb and staying single at the moment til I'm near graduation makes me a wuss, rather than being smart enough to not be a masochist, actually make use of my knowledge and refuse to be some power trip supe's b*tch. 9_9

Hence the IF....I can't possibly have known what your major is reading the OP

Honestly, Ups it's not worth it. Go get a sweet easy retail job with less responsibilities.

If for whatever reason you choose to stay, the supervisor has to try to get u to move faster. That's it, that's his job. Grow a thick skin (which will help you with life) and work at a safe pace.

Box Ox

I can always get another job anyway where it won't treat me as :censored2:ty as my UPS supervisors have been doing to me while it won't interfere with my college schedule much.

So.....what's keeping you from leaving UPS if this is really true? If it is, leave/don't look back and enjoy all the extra family time you'd probably have working elsewhere.

RolloTony Brown Town

What is so hard about this? If your sup is giving you a hard time your probably slow. You have 2 options: go faster or say these magic words "ok I'll try my best."

Truth be told OP? Unload is easy. If you're already cracking then this may not be the job for you. Good luck.

haller

Folks like you should have gone to boot camp if you can't handle a little ball busting. In this case, they probably want you to quit.

Last edited:

JLGjr1995

Hence the IF....I can't possibly have known what your major is reading the OP

Honestly, Ups it's not worth it. Go get a sweet easy retail job with less responsibilities.

If for whatever reason you choose to stay, the supervisor has to try to get u to move faster. That's it, that's his job. Grow a thick skin (which will help you with life) and work at a safe pace.
Except there's a contract for preloaders saying that supervisors can't over-supervise their employees and that's one of the main problems I've been having with my supervisor. The supervisors' job is pretty much checking on us if we're actually working or doing something, no where in the contract or book does it say that the supervisors job is to force us to work at a certain production rate they want us to work at, according to many guys at my hub. If your idea of growing a thick skin is kissing management's ass, then count me out.

JLGjr1995

What is so hard about this? If your sup is giving you a hard time your probably slow. You have 2 options: go faster or say these magic words "ok I'll try my best."

Truth be told OP? Unload is easy. If you're already cracking then this may not be the job for you. Good luck.
I was once able to bust out one rail in under 40 minutes under a different supervisor(different than the one that I'm having trouble getting along with) and then later with the another supervisor(same douchy one I'm referring to here) is making me unload at 26-30 packages per minute and you're telling me that I probably am too slow? Give me a break!

PT Car Washer

Except there's a contract for preloaders saying that supervisors can't over-supervise their employees and that's one of the main problems I've been having with my supervisor. The supervisors' job is pretty much checking on us if we're actually working or doing something, no where in the contract or book does it say that the supervisors job is to force us to work at a certain production rate they want us to work at, according to many guys at my hub. If your idea of growing a thick skin is kissing management's ass, then count me out.
Boy are you new here. That is a supervisors job to get the most work out of you in the shortest amount of time. How else can UPS afford to pay drivers $35/hr to drop off boxes if it wasn't for all the $10/hr no benefits new hires?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Preloaders have their own contract?

When did that happen?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was once able to bust out one rail in under 40 minutes under a different supervisor(different than the one that I'm having trouble getting along with) and then later with the another supervisor(same douchy one I'm referring to here) is making me unload at 26-30 packages per minute and you're telling me that I probably am too slow? Give me a break!
You sure do whine a lot.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Well gee terwilligers Waldo, did you all of a sudden learn the contract? So instead of whining on here why don't you either file a harassment grievance or JUST QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well gee terwilligers Waldo, did you all of a sudden learn the contract? So instead of whining on here why don't you either file a harassment grievance or JUST QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning she had a "flat tire", tried to call the center, showed up late and was promptly sent home.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the OP does not want to work?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You go girl!!!