Beeping Trucks

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by airintrace, Sep 30, 2014.

1. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

I got assigned a new truck last night and this was my first day out with it; and I tell you this truck beeps for everything. When you put in reverse, directional, hazards, lights on with truck off, handbrake not on. It gets a little annoying as the day goes on. Is this a problem that can be rectified without having to get a different truck or do you guys just block it out and press on?

2. Method$

Method$ Member

Turn dimmer off, block out the rest. Mechanic can turn off beeping, but you'll end up driving around with the 4-ways on (if in workhorse).

3. Pkgcar1988

Pkgcar1988 Active Member

It won't beep as loud with the lights on and the truck off if you slide the dash light dimmer all the way down. That will help a little but yes it will still beep about something else. Annoying, I know. I have just gotten used to it. Have customers all the time ask why that thing beeps so much.

4. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

Does sliding the dimmer down affect all the beeping by making it lower or does it stop some specific beeps? Not sure I follow...

5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Most of those newer trucks (especially the workhorse) are junk and that beeper will probably quit working on its own in a few months.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Pkgcar1988

Pkgcar1988 Active Member

Will stop the beeping saying the lights are on, which is the loudest imo. ( I leave my lights in all day rain or shine)

7. Method$

Method$ Member

Dimmer turned off will end beeping for lights, apply parking brake before turning off engine will end a beep, 4-ways will beep unless mechanic fixes, reverse will also give a couple beeps. Newer freight liners also have "shift inhibit" if you shift before wheels stop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Method$

Method$ Member

Orion will beep when you break trace as well...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

Thank You. I saw shift inhibit a couple of times today as well. This should help.

10. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

just find the stupid little speaker and cover it

11. ol'browneye

ol'browneye Active Member

Our mechanic said he wasn't allowed to disable it but if it "broke" he wasn't required to fix it. My beeper broke from wishful thinking.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I honestly wonder what Osha would have to say about the beep being above acceptable cab noise levels?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

meaning?

14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Is the beeping above the acceptable level.

Although since you can turn the beeping off at anytime by just turning lights off e brake on ect I'm sure it's not a big deal.

15. Method$

Method$ Member

Anyone know location of said speaker? I'd like to stick a sock in it.

16. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

just under the left side of steering wheel. Little circle in the middle, stuff and tape it. The parking break one I can't find. the newer PC's, dimmer switch helps

17. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Go sweet talk your mechanic.

18. Future

Future Well-Known Member

What I tell MGT at least once a month......"BEEP OFF"..........and go about your day with a smile and love in your heart!

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The beeping is annoying but is well within acceptable levels.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I've tried the dimmer trick on most of our trucks that beep with no results. I'm going for the stuff and tape trick next.

Sent using BrownCafe App