Beer

I am drinking Newcastle Brown Ale for my holiday get together what is everyone else going to have for there party. The only reason I'm asking is because I found these little kegs with taps for a reasonable price and it's damm good beer. So let me know what your drinking for your cookout or what your favorite beer is.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
You just hit the nail on the head there when I go up to pa I always come home with a couple of cases of Yuengling it's great beer. Have you ever had Stoneys or Iron City.

I have had Iron City .I have some freinds from Pittsburgh who have relocated here. When I was a kid we would drink Schmitty's monsters 16 oz (Schmidts) they are out of bussiness now.

BrownArmy

I'm in the greater Boston area and I love Harpoon IPA - great beer!

Sam Adams is also a very solid beer. When I feel like spending money I love any of the double IPA's from Avery Brewing Company in Colorado. Not for the faint of heart!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My favorite cheap beer - PBR. If I want something good, one of my favorites is Michelob Special Dark. I also like Dundees Honey Brown or Amberbock.

rod

Retired 22 years
I like all beer except for those that taste like you should be chewing them instead of drinking them:beerhat::st_patrick::happy_new_year: I just rememberd ---- I hate Miller beer products (especially Miller Lite) -----------------------------------Unless I'm out of beer, sitting with friends in a boat out in the middle of some lake, its 90 degrees and thats all thats left. Then its my favorite.

Last edited:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
When I want a headache I drink Bud so I don't, but my favorite beer is "Cold Beer" LOL You know that first one you take out of the cooler ,you stick your hand into a mixture of freezing water and ice and your hand goes numb and you pull one out from the bottom and crack it open ahhh............ gotta go I suddenley am very thirsty...........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
When I want a headache I drink Bud so I don't, but my favorite beer is "Cold Beer" LOL You know that first one you take out of the cooler ,you stick your hand into a mixture of freezing water and ice and your hand goes numb and you pull one out from the bottom and crack it open ahhh............ gotta go I suddenley am very thirsty...........

Yep, nothing like a cold beer out of the ice chest. Even the refrigerator rarely gets beer that cold.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep, nothing like a cold beer out of the ice chest. Even the refrigerator rarely gets beer that cold.

Dilli, what I usually do is put my bottle of beer in the freezer for 10 minutes or so as I am fixing my dinner. I also have 2 beer glasses that I "acquired" from my son which I keep in the freezer so combining the frosted beer mugs with the quick freeze beer makes it taste oh so good. BTW, I "acquired" the glasses in lieu of him paying for rent or food so I think he made out pretty well on that deal.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli, what I usually do is put my bottle of beer in the freezer for 10 minutes or so as I am fixing my dinner. I also have 2 beer glasses that I "acquired" from my son which I keep in the freezer so combining the frosted beer mugs with the quick freeze beer makes it taste oh so good. BTW, I "acquired" the glasses in lieu of him paying for rent or food so I think he made out pretty well on that deal.

LOL YA!, I would say he made out. :wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
Corona, the beer of Mexican tourists...that stuff will make your breath smeall real bad later, more so than other beers.

Got to drink what the resort has. Last one only had Corona, and some kind of dark beer. I go for the lighter ones.
See, what this one has on Saturday. I did hear Pacifico is good.... but never had it, yet.

Speaking of ice cold beer : Molson/Coors has a new patent out in bars. They have subzero draft on tab. The tab itself is actually iced frozen up, from the condensed water droplets.
The temperture of the beer out of the tab is minus 2 Celcius. (29/30F)...
It is cold !!!!
Thats what I have when I ever go out for beer.

I even asked the bartender do use a frosty mug, to see what would happen... Sure , enough, the beer atcually formed small ice crystals.... - Won't really do that , again.
But, thats darn good cold beer ! Only Coors light or Molson Canadian avaiable as subzero. But, can't beat it, on a hot day !