Before Canine Attacks, Owner Tells UPS Driver, ‘Don’t Worry, It’s A Nice Dog’

Before Canine Attacks, Owner Tells UPS Driver, ‘Don’t Worry, It’s A Nice Dog’ - CBS Chicago

A UPS delivery driver viciously attacked and mauled by a dog last week says he thought he was going to die.

For the first time, he’s sharing the disturbing details.

Jesus Toledo, a husband and father of four, says he owes his life to a hero mail carrier who jumped in to help, CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports.
It happens far too many times. Maybe not to that extent. Truly sad.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just don't deal with dogs anymore. Owner says oh they are fine.

I say doesn't matter I'm not getting out of this truck.

It took three different trips to the doctor before I wised up and refused to deal with dogs anymore. I made sure the owners knew I was serious about being PO'ed at their mutt and them. I also called law enforcement to report it so their dog was put on the 'viscous" list. To be honest I still don't care for them. I got so sick of hearing "don't worry-he won't bite" or "his bark is worse than his bite". I know some of you on here are real dog lovers but not me.

It took three different trips to the doctor before I wised up and refused to deal with dogs anymore. I made sure the owners knew I was serious about being PO'ed at their mutt and them. I also called law enforcement to report it so their dog was put on the 'viscous" list. To be honest I still don't care for them. I got so sick of hearing "don't worry-he won't bite" or "his bark is worse than his bite". I know some of you on here are real dog lovers but not me.
I like dogs just can't stand the stupid owners.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I wonder why the article didn't mention what kind of dog it was? Also, why did the mail carrier have to restrain the dog when the owner was right there? Crazy!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I already wasn't much of a dog guy but starting this job really just pushed me over the rest of the way.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
That was a horrible attack for sure. Same kind of thing happened to me as a newbie driver long ago. Woman lived in a house set on some sizable acreage surrounded by a fence. Beware of dog sign on fence. I got on the horn, and the lady came out, followed by 2 dogs. She opened the gate and let the dogs loose. When I said something she said those famous last words. "they are nice dogs, they won't bite." Well, they each chose a leg and chomped down. Then came the 2nd most famous words: "I don't understand. They never did that before." The line I used after that was "They won't bite you because you feed them."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Please.... My pit wouldn't hurt anyone or anything. He's a gentile giant.

I'm sure the owners of the pit that bit me last year felt the same. They were secure enough to have him around a toddler. He did what he knew best when that toddler opened the door alone... He protected the baby and attacked me.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I don't trust any pit bull as far as I can throw them. I recently viewed this video, and it really did make an impression on me. 2 pit bulls attacking bystanders on a city street. It is graphic and not for the squeamish. Video taken from a balcony above.