Before it's too late!

Irishman Collins

I will continue to remind people until the general election that we must vote for change before it's to late! Here are just a few of the highlights why change is our only option. 1. Reduced medical benefits in over half of the locals of the I.B.T. 2. One more step closer to a two tier wage scale for full timers ( every contract at least 1 more year of wage progression for new full timers is agreed to.) 3. Loss of holiday benefits, i.e. working the day after Thanksgiving ( language was suddenly reinterpreted to benefit U.P.S's needs). 4. The D.R.I.V.E. fund is failing. ( We continue to pump excessive amounts of money to politicians who turn their back on us when elected i.e. Barack Obama) 5. Our rights to vote on our respective area supplements was taken away. ( After continually voting down local 89's supplement and preparing to strike over it. 89's rights to vote on their supplement was ripped from them by the I.B.T. by a b.s. interpretation of the I.B.T. constitution.) Folks, we all need to wake up before everything is given away and our once great Union becomes to resemble the Food and Commercial Workers Union.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm all for a change. Only problem is it will end up with the same type of person. A life long leader who will follow the left side of the spectrum. Make stupid moves without listening to the majority of members. I hear Obama will be available in 2 yrs. He has done so well for the membership

Irishman Collins

I'm all for a change. Only problem is it will end up with the same type of person. A life long leader who will follow the left side of the spectrum. Make stupid moves without listening to the majority of members. I hear Obama will be available in 2 yrs. He has done so well for the membership
I understand what you are saying but we must give change a chance. Maybe a new Slate will surprise us and do exactly what they promised. We won't know unless we give change a chance. Anything is better than what we have now.

3 done 3 to go

I understand what you are saying but we must give change a chance. Maybe a new Slate will surprise us and do exactly what they promised. We won't know unless we give change a chance. Anything is better than what we have now.

I just need everyone to STOP --saying" change "! We had a chance for a different leader. We voted for Hoffa again. God tell me why? I said if Pope got elected we would have gone on strike. Hoffa would concede our lively hoods. Guess which happened. People are real good at bitching. Not doing. More cowards follow. Pope would have been a different path for sure. Would she have been good? Who knows. I believe an outside leader would be best. If not get rid of them each election. Then we could get fresh ideas. Not the same sheeple. Over and over. SELFISH interests

Integrity

Binge Poster
Irishman Collins,

Anything is better than what we have now?

Do you think this is real healthy thinking?

A leadership that would turn out to be worse than what we have now is not better than what we have now.

What is needed is positive change, not change for change's sake.

Until there is some campaign with some choices based upon the campaign and the platform of the candidates there is little reason think a better option exists.

Sincerely,
I

upschuck

I do agree with your points 1, 2, and 5, but the last person that wanted you to vote for change for changes sake didn't turn out too well. If a new candidate comes along, who I think will do a better job, I will listen and most definitely vote for them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Irishman Collins,

A leadership that would turn out to be worse than what we have now is not better than what we have now.

Until there is some campaign with some choices based upon the campaign and the platform of the candidates there is little reason think a better option exists.

Sincerely,
I
"We"?? You have stated many times that you are in managment, which would make you not a Teamster.

Irishman Collins

Irishman Collins,

Sincerely,
I
That is a very negative way of looking at things. I believe things can't get worse than they are now. If we don't act soon, it will be too late. I'll vote change for change sake because another term with our current administration may leave us even weaker than we are now.

Integrity

Binge Poster
"We"?? You have stated many times that you are in managment, which would make you not a Teamster.
bleedinbrown58,

This post is not about me. Show some respect to the original poster and his discussion topic please.

Please reference the posts that I stated I am in management.

I don't recall ever stating I am in management.

Sincerely,
I

3 done 3 to go

That is a very negative way of looking at things. I believe things can't get worse than they are now. If we don't act soon, it will be too late. I'll vote change for change sake because another term with our current administration may leave us even weaker than we are now.

If he is in management. He wants the union as it is now. That is why all his replies are in the form of a question. He follows others answers. He has never given a statement on this forum. Only followed by more? 'S.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Irishman Collins,

I don't view this as negative I view it as rational and reasonable thinking.

Without change we may in fact be weaker but if we make a change for the worse then we will be even weaker than if we maintained the status quo.

Vote the candidates, the campaign and the platform of the candidates.

Don't vote out of desperation, or hatred,vote the best candidates in.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
If he is in management. He wants the union as it is now. That is why all his replies are in the form of a question. He follows others answers. He has never given a statement on this forum. Only followed by more? 'S.
10 2 go,

Please don't derail this thread show some respect this isn't about me, but you've got to be kidding.

You need to review some of Integrity's posts.

Sincerely,
I

imwell

I'm as productive as the methods allow.
I work for UPS,not the Teamsters. They are supposed to work for me.

this is my warning letter to them. Shape up or be prepared to get shipped out!

VERY GOOD statement. Something All of us teamsters need to remember. We work for UPS, they pay us. The Teamsters Union works for us, WE pay them.

Irishman Collins

Irishman Collins,

I don't view this as negative I view it as rational and reasonable thinking.

Without change we may in fact be weaker but if we make a change for the worse then we will be even weaker than if we maintained the status quo.

Vote the candidates, the campaign and the platform of the candidates.

Don't vote out of desperation, or hatred,vote the best candidates in.

Sincerely,
I
Ok, here is a platform for you. We will do everything different! I'll vote for that