Before it's too late!

10 point

Was my statement about how the monies work anywhere close?
A div mgr told me the same thing.

Figure it out. The full timers vote in higher numbers. Pacify them.

The part timers don't vote in equivalent ratios and if you keep their wages low they quit more often, not vested, and where does the initiation fees go with the constant high turn over?
I'm willing to be enlightened on the big picture.

I could be missing the boat but I don't think I'm totally wrong.

By The Book

I would make it part of the process for the pension funds to communicate and figure out where to invest funds so the underperforming funds get help so they are always solvent.

Irishman Collins

What about him made you want to support him in the past? To me it always seemed kinda weird that he was never in a union and all of a sudden he was just here.
I think his father maybe the greatest union leader that ever existed. I think I just got caught up in all the nostalgia of the Hoffa name. It just goes to show a tree can have apples but not all the apples fall next to the tree.

M

Mike hunt

I think his father maybe the greatest union leader that ever existed. I think I just got caught up in all the nostalgia of the Hoffa name. It just goes to show a tree can have apples but not all the apples fall next to the tree.
What about the rotten ones:)

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

bleedinbrown58,

I don't know if you are dumb, I think not, although I don't know you, but you are not reading the quoted post very well.

In that post I created a scenario for discussion, I made no statements about myself.

Sincerely,
I
I can't blame integrity.....if I was in management I would want to admit it either........I am a proud package car driver I can say it with no problem

Ron Carey lives on

" the Teamsters" this kills me. You and I are the Teamsters. Ron Carey and Rank and File won us the right to vote for IBT president. Educate, participate, run, file, and remember. Its up to all of us

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

We elected a corporate lawyer the IBT president multiple times, because of his last name. He has now lost his base which is frieght, with the spending bill. If Ups members would just vote, we will rid ourselves of this guy who has never worked a day in his life. He wasn't even eligible to run in 1990, because he was a member in good standing. He got a job as a lawyer for local 707, assassinated Ron Carey's character and the rest is history

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What kind of ROI would you need to ensure that a fund that has 5,000 more retirees than actives remains solvent?

The Central States Pension fund has a ratio of 1:4.... Of active participants, to retirees.

Last I recall, they need a (consistent) return of 8% just to meet current obligations.

-Bug-