Being followed

Kunta k.

So, basically I overheard two center managers discuss whether or not to put "security " on me. Less than a week later I started to notice cars parked at the end of the block. Always with double tint and 9 times out of 10 with 2 people. Before I could get to the car, it would leave its park position and speed off. Sometimes they would put their flashers on, pretend to tend to something in the back of the car while I drive by. And the moment I leave, they are gone, only to be found 15-20 stops later. I constantly tell myself, "If you ain't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about ". It's been almost 3 months now. When does this become harassment? And do they need to be honest with me if I ask if LP is following me. FYI : never late air or missed pkgs. Always finish in the time allowed, and finally 16 months away from top scale. Love my job but hate that the company I work for is questioning my trust.

Kunta k.

I have the cell phone number of 2 of the policemen who work on my route. I mean it's hard enough to get home at a decent hour. If I spent more time chasing them and get plate numbers, it seems that either A) my telematics will look like I am wasting company time, termination. B) I end up getting in an accident chasing someone that should not be following me in the first place. Or C) lose my "in" I have with my cop because I call him daily and nothing comes of it. I really appreciate any feedback. I try to leave work at the gaurd Shack..... it's honestly the biggest dilemma in my life and that ain't right

Box Ox

Disregard what you think you might have heard management talking about and assume you're being followed by bad actors. It might have nothing to do with your management team. That'd be a call to the police for me, no question. Seriously. People out out there can be nuts and might intend to hurt you or steal your deliveries.

A very recent DIAD training instructed drivers to always report stuff like that.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
So, basically I overheard two center managers discuss whether or not to put "security " on me. Less than a week later I started to notice cars parked at the end of the block. Always with double tint and 9 times out of 10 with 2 people. Before I could get to the car, it would leave its park position and speed off. Sometimes they would put their flashers on, pretend to tend to something in the back of the car while I drive by. And the moment I leave, they are gone, only to be found 15-20 stops later. I constantly tell myself, "If you ain't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about ". It's been almost 3 months now. When does this become harassment? And do they need to be honest with me if I ask if LP is following me. FYI : never late air or missed pkgs. Always finish in the time allowed, and finally 16 months away from top scale. Love my job but hate that the company I work for is questioning my trust.
image.gif

542thruNthru

I have the cell phone number of 2 of the policemen who work on my route. I mean it's hard enough to get home at a decent hour. If I spent more time chasing them and get plate numbers, it seems that either A) my telematics will look like I am wasting company time, termination. B) I end up getting in an accident chasing someone that should not be following me in the first place. Or C) lose my "in" I have with my cop because I call him daily and nothing comes of it. I really appreciate any feedback. I try to leave work at the gaurd Shack..... it's honestly the biggest dilemma in my life and that ain't right

If you are seeing them that often it shouldn't be hard to get a license plate number after a couple days.

Then call the police next time you see them sitting. Tell them you are a UPS Driver and believe you are being followed and are afraid to keep moving. Describe the car and give the plate #. They should respond in reasonable time.

That's what I'd do. :)

wayfair

swollen member
I have the non emergency number for the PD in the city I work in. The same girl answers the 911 phone!

I call 'em when I notice suspicious activity, even if I am not being followed

ibleedbrown

well mr kinte, I would contact my business agent as soon as possible and find out what your rights are in this matter, he or she should be able to give you solid advice as to how to handle this situation.

Fenris

Call the police if it is the same car. Security is not going to follow you ever over production and will only follow you for an extended period if they have evidence of theft and are building a case to turn over to the police. If they were trying to get you for stealing time, they would have terminated you as soon as they witnessed it and wouldn't be wasting three months.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dude chill... We all know lp is a shell of what they use to be...and most of them are now part time, can't stay out after 330... Lol. They probably are just observing making sure you are using the handrail and not jumping around like a monkey. Word of advice , don't believe everything your mind is thinking, especially at this job...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you are seeing them that often it shouldn't be hard to get a license plate number after a couple days.

Then call the police next time you see them sitting. Tell them you are a UPS Driver and believe you are being followed and are afraid to keep moving. Describe the car and give the plate #. They should respond in reasonable time.

That's what I'd do. :)
Damn guys... You are all extreme gangsters.. Guess I don't care if they follow me around.. And I'm too lazy to call the police. I guess I would drive to Starbucks to hang out for 45 minutes if I saw someone following me...let them get tired of waiting and they would probably take off

browntroll

call the cops let them figure it out, if i was in ur position i would worry less about what management thinks.
if its the same car write down the plate number. my driver used to see me at a friends house then 2 hours later
at my house a few blocks away.