Being on time

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Crislaw, May 24, 2016.

1. Crislaw

Crislaw New Member

now I know we all suppose to be on time to work but I notice that they really get mad and want to wright people up if we late even if we do have another job we will still get a message or supervisors telling us be on time or they wright is up now we all know ups is a part time job and honestly can't really make a living off working part time at ups so I feel they need to cut a little slack on others who do have other jobs before coming into work.

2. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I have got to have whatever you are drinking. Your other two threads are gold!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. beavis

beavis Member

Ah...the entitled generation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I guess you have two choices---either start showing up on time or quit so that someone who really wants the job can have his/her chance.

BTW, the word that you seem to be having difficulty with is write.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

You could be wright; but I think you're rong.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

You should ask if they wil wait to start the sort until you get there. Let us know how that works out

7. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Now let's hear about how fast and hard you work.....

8. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Sounds messed up but, I don't care about your other job. I care about what's going on at UPS. I'm sorry, it sucks I know. But your other job nets me no gains.

9. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Think it is IVE in disguise?

10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

A total of 3 posts with every one creating a new thread.

11. Like I have time to post under another name?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. image.jpeg
    That's gold Jerry! Gold!

13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If you were a UPS driver that had an evening job, you might have an excuse. The majority of the working world has a shift end time.

14. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

The worker who you express that attitude to is going to not care about your reports and useless metrics either. By having that attitude you create "lazy union workers" out of hard working people. UPS has forgotten the human element.

15. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Some supervisors will give you a staggeted start time if you have a second job. That being said, a $10/hr job will not make ME late for my $19/hr job.

16. I wish my supervisor would understand why I'm late after drinking 3 beers before I show up to drive. But he never cuts me any slack and writes me up :/

17. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

True but most part time jobs at ups don't have a set start time or a set shift end time. Our part time start times change every week. Not saying he has an excuse it's just not that easy to find a job that works with UPS schedule. Well around here at least.

18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

So should the mother with 3 kids who has to wait for her husband to get home so she can use their one car to get to UPS for her shift be given "a little slack" too if she's late 3 times a week??
    FFS....everyone has their own problems. No one at UPS cares about your other job. Be on time for work or get written up. It really is THAT simple.

19. Take a bus?

20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

And leave the kids home alone? My point is....if they cut the OP "slack", they'd have to make exceptions for anyone with a sob story....And when would the sort get done?