Being on time

Crislaw

now I know we all suppose to be on time to work but I notice that they really get mad and want to wright people up if we late even if we do have another job we will still get a message or supervisors telling us be on time or they wright is up now we all know ups is a part time job and honestly can't really make a living off working part time at ups so I feel they need to cut a little slack on others who do have other jobs before coming into work.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
now I know we all suppose to be on time to work but I notice that they really get mad and want to wright people up if we late even if we do have another job we will still get a message or supervisors telling us be on time or they wright is up now we all know ups is a part time job and honestly can't really make a living off working part time at ups so I feel they need to cut a little slack on others who do have other jobs before coming into work.
I have got to have whatever you are drinking. Your other two threads are gold!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess you have two choices---either start showing up on time or quit so that someone who really wants the job can have his/her chance.

BTW, the word that you seem to be having difficulty with is write.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

You could be wright; but I think you're rong.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You should ask if they wil wait to start the sort until you get there. Let us know how that works out

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Sounds messed up but, I don't care about your other job. I care about what's going on at UPS. I'm sorry, it sucks I know. But your other job nets me no gains.

Hump dump and roll

image.jpeg

That's gold Jerry! Gold!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you were a UPS driver that had an evening job, you might have an excuse. The majority of the working world has a shift end time.

Dr.Brownz

Sounds messed up but, I don't care about your other job. I care about what's going on at UPS. I'm sorry, it sucks I know. But your other job nets me no gains.

The worker who you express that attitude to is going to not care about your reports and useless metrics either. By having that attitude you create "lazy union workers" out of hard working people. UPS has forgotten the human element.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Some supervisors will give you a staggeted start time if you have a second job. That being said, a $10/hr job will not make ME late for my $19/hr job.

542thruNthru

If you were a UPS driver that had an evening job, you might have an excuse. The majority of the working world has a shift end time.

True but most part time jobs at ups don't have a set start time or a set shift end time. Our part time start times change every week. Not saying he has an excuse it's just not that easy to find a job that works with UPS schedule. Well around here at least.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So should the mother with 3 kids who has to wait for her husband to get home so she can use their one car to get to UPS for her shift be given "a little slack" too if she's late 3 times a week??
FFS....everyone has their own problems. No one at UPS cares about your other job. Be on time for work or get written up. It really is THAT simple.

So should the mother with 3 kids who has to wait for her husband to get home so she can use their one car to get to UPS for her shift be given "a little slack" too if she's late 3 times a week??
FFS....everyone has their own problems. No one at UPS cares about your other job. Be on time for work or get written up. It really is THAT simple.
Take a bus?