Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Undecided, openminded about them

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No way, Jose !

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
I think it is arrogant to think we are the only intelligent creatures in all the universe.

Whether "they" have visited here however, I don't know.

klein

Für Meno :)
The show UFO hunters is on as we speak at the moment.
Former jet fighter pilots testifying how they chased UFO's and in some cases (like the peru jet fighters), got ordered to shoot it down, but couldn't.

Interessting show, forsure !

tourists24

I think it is arrogant to think we are the only intelligent creatures in all the universe.

How is it arrogant? What evidence is there that actually shows any different? No one knows if these creatures exist, but in all of mankind there has never been any real proof. I dont understand how that proves an arrogance.

DS

Fenderbender
How is it arrogant? What evidence is there that actually shows any different? No one knows if these creatures exist, but in all of mankind there has never been any real proof. I dont understand how that proves an arrogance.
Arrogant is excessive, ignorant or naive maybe.

tourists24

Arrogant is excessive, ignorant or naive maybe.
again,,,, why naive? there is a lot of unexplained things that happen all the time, not just in the skies. But why are the ones who are skeptical the ignorant ones? Because we dont put our faith in explanations of the unknown must be of some alien nature? Because I dont believe in little green men or other mysterious beings that have never been seen? Ive seen a lot of stories and pictures, but for some reason, no actual proof at all.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think what over is talking about is the idea that earth/humanity are special, unique, and/or the center of all things. When you consider the vastness of the known universe we're actually pretty insignificant. We're not even the center of our own galaxy. Given the almost incalculable number of star systems out there I would be surprised if earth is the only place where life has taken hold.

rod

Retired 22 years
You mean "Independence Day" wasn't a true story?

[video=youtube;GuQvlz3yM9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuQvlz3yM9A[/video]

P

pickup

In the fish community, there have been reports of strange creatures that descend from the sky. These creatures enter their world sometimes garbed in strange suits with tubes that go all the way to the surface that connect to the mother ship. Sometimes fish are captured with shiny lures that have hooks on them. Many of them are never seen again. Some are thrown back but bare the evidence of their close encounters. Some fish deny that these things happen and laugh at those who claimed they were captured, taken above and then returned .

Some fish such as salmon, claim they were captured and tracking devices were placed into their bodies. Again they are scoffed at by their fellow salmon.

I know, just another fish story.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I think what over is talking about is the idea that earth/humanity are special, unique, and/or the center of all things. When you consider the vastness of the known universe we're actually pretty insignificant. We're not even the center of our own galaxy. Given the almost incalculable number of star systems out there I would be surprised if earth is the only place where life has taken hold.
I totally agree with the first highlighted statement, but I don't get what taken hold means.

In the fish community, there have been reports of strange creatures that descend from the sky. These creatures enter their world sometimes garbed in strange suits with tubes that go all the way to the surface that connect to the mother ship. Sometimes fish are captured with shiny lures that have hooks on them. Many of them are never seen again. Some are thrown back but bare the evidence of their close encounters. Some fish deny that these things happen and laugh at those who claimed they were captured, taken above and then returned .

Some fish such as salmon, claim they were captured and tracking devices were placed into their bodies. Again they are scoffed at by their fellow salmon.

I know, just another fish story.
You're fishing.

over9five

Staff member

I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that you were arrogant. I meant that Mankind is arrogant to think he is the only, or most, intelligent being in the billions and billions (insert Carl Sagan accent) of planets in the galaxy.

again,,,, why naive? there is a lot of unexplained things that happen all the time, not just in the skies. But why are the ones who are skeptical the ignorant ones? Because we dont put our faith in explanations of the unknown must be of some alien nature? Because I dont believe in little green men or other mysterious beings that have never been seen? Ive seen a lot of stories and pictures, but for some reason, no actual proof at all.

I think the same thing when I hear about "God". No proof, only drawings.

Thank you, exactly.

browniehound

I agree. Its very arrogant or ignorant maybe to think we are the only intellegent life in the universe. Its simple math. If our solar system (yes Earth is included) is one in 100 million that contains life, then life exists on 100 million other planets. I base this on the fact that there are 100 miliion stars in our galaxy and then there are as many galaxies in our universe each containing 100 million stars.

The problem is, everything is so far away that nobody could ever get here. This is the only reason why I don't believe in UFO's. Its just too damn far for any one to travel.

Perhaps, however that the UFO's are time travelers and not aliens! How cool would that be!

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, now you've done it. Here we go. First of all how is it that you can believe in electricity but can't see it? Is it not true that in the last century we have learned more about the universe than all of previous history combined yet still have not scratched the surface? And on, and on, and on. To be continued...:happy-very::peaceful:

klein

Für Meno :)
Maybe Nessie....

maybe Nessie, and Saskquatch (bigfoot).
I remember seeing Bigfoot foot prints when I went hunting with my dad as a kid. They were clearly marked deep in the snow.
My Dad and his buddy (and myself), followed those foot steps..... then they decided to turn around, and me as a little kid had to ask why...
They both thought it was too scary.

It was scary enough for me...... because we actually slept in the station wagon in the mountains, and when we woke up.... the huge foot prints were right at the car, as if he (Bigfoot) looked inside it.

True story, but no pics to prove it :(

DS

Fenderbender
Where I grew up there was a big valley behind our house,and we spent a lot of summer nights sitting on the hill watching the sky.
The planes were easy to spot always going in a straight line.If you looked really hard you could pick out satellites moving in a slow dedicated circle around the earth.
What we also saw were lights that defied physics.They would zig zag between hundreds of miles instantly.They were too far away to discern shape,but they were
there almost every night.Often in groups.I did have one close encounter that I cant explain because even the next day it was a kind of blur in my mind.
I don't believe I was abducted,but it was like I'd been programmed to not remember it.
Maybe some day you skeptics will get your proof.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Montauk Monster ?
troll ?
Bishop Fish ?
Drac ?
Chubacabra ?
Bray Rd. Beast ?
Cyclops ?
Centaur ?
Hippocamp ?
Megalodon ?