Belligerent customers?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Rite Aid guy got the big power struggle going on with me one day. He wanted this in photo, this by the printer, the candy in the candy aisle. I told him, aint happening, unless you have a person in every dept to sign for them. He said I manage them all:devil3:. And this wont work they way you, ups are doing this. I told him heres the deal. Except for pharmacy, everything goes to one designated area. Im not trying to be a wench, but that is how it goes for every business on any route. And that is how it was forever til you came along and want to reinvent the wheel. Ups pays me, not you, and they don't pay me to do your job. heres the number call and ask. I don't know whats in a pkg, I don't have time to open them all. I don't know a magazine box from a condom shipment, its not my job to know. My job is to get it to the right address and leave it in one designated place, which can be anywhere you desire, but Im not sorting it for you. That is why you make the big bucks. That is your job not mine. Now hes all cutesy, and kinda friendly.

S

serenity now

Rite Aid guy got the big power struggle going on with me one day. He wanted this in photo, this by the printer, the candy in the candy aisle. I told him, aint happening, unless you have a person in every dept to sign for them. He said I manage them all:devil3:. And this wont work they way you, ups are doing this. I told him heres the deal. Except for pharmacy, everything goes to one designated area. Im not trying to be a wench, but that is how it goes for every business on any route. And that is how it was forever til you came along and want to reinvent the wheel. Ups pays me, not you, and they don't pay me to do your job. heres the number call and ask. I don't know whats in a pkg, I don't have time to open them all. I don't know a magazine box from a condom shipment, its not my job to know. My job is to get it to the right address and leave it in one designated place, which can be anywhere you desire, but Im not sorting it for you. That is why you make the big bucks. That is your job not mine. Now hes all cutesy, and kinda friendly.

perhaps he has a crush on the tooner

Overpaid Union Thug

Last year while covering a route I attempted a delivery to a small chainsaw shop. The guy is notoriously never there.....usually out drinking or something. Instead of indirecting I left him a delivery notice. At the end of the day he caught me on the main street. He was ticked.....and intoxicated. Told me if I did not leave his packages at neighboring business in the future that he would track me down and cut my throat. Now....if it had been someone else that I did not know I would have felt threatened. I knew it was the booze talking but just the same.....if you are a responsible business owner then be there during hours posted and not down the block at the liquor store.

Oooh hell NO! Booze talking is worse than booze not talking. That would have been reported IMMEDIATELY! Too sup's and to cops. We had a guy pull a gun on a driver over his VA meds. He was black listed along with being reported. Anything he gets he has to go pick up.

VA customers are basically junkies.

You ever have experience with belligerent customers? I had a guy today that flipped out on me because I didn't put the packages on a pallet. I explained that there wasn't one around and he got even more pissed and told me to find one if there isn't one around. I just kind of roll my eyes and walk away and then says I was giving him "attitude". This is my 1st time delivering to this place as I'm a cover driver filling in for someone on vacation. I feel sorry for his employees.
With customers like this you should just smile. Think about how good your life is. There's isn't. Right now? Or always?? Everybody deserves a mulligan from time to time. Just smile and be on your way. You are just a blip in their day as they are in yours.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've had a few that I had to set straight. One of the customers on my route now for instance. The first day I was ever there solo I stacked stuff up pseudo-nice. Second day I was in a bit of a hurry and they didn't have a ton and I (what she called) threw everything up on the dock. No order, no nothing. She went off on me telling me that she wants her stuff STACKED up. So the next day I only have maybe 12-15 boxes for her and so by her request I stacked them up. All in one pile. Looked like a UPS totem pole. When she came back and saw my delivery she just laughed and said, "Touché". She also had to have help getting the top ones down since I am 6'2" and she is only about 5'4" and couldn't exactly reach the top. And I even randomized it so it wasn't biggest on the bottom to smallest on the top.
Two years later I stack everything in nice neat piles separated by where they are coming from. She says to me one day that she has me trained. I told her, "not quite. I do it for myself as it takes up less space if you stack like packages together as your dock area is somewhat tiny. Plus, I also don't have to hear you bitch if I do it this way."

When I made a delivery the woman opened the box and there was a fully assembled chandelier inside that was broke. She gave me a line of crap about you should be ashamed of your self because you are wearing the uniform. I reply who the hell asks a company to ship a chandelier in a box and also what company ships chandeliers through ups. Then I laughed and walked away. Compliant came in and me and my sups where all laughing in the office, fun times.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Had a maintenance man at an apt complex today say hey when your done just wheel those air filters out there to the shed. I said sorry you get one delivery point. This is where it all goes. Sorry he said are u serious. Yep and I left. Heard him saying something about how I'm certainly not his favorite ups man. Blah blah blah I was out the door didn't care.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I also had a guy who would bitch about me "showing up early" for his pickup. His pickup was scheduled for 4:45 and I would get there at 4:42. I would get there and go to the bathroom and clean up a little and get a drink. By the time I got back to the truck it was 4:45. Then one day he went off. I told him I have a couple dozen other pickups that would love to have his 4:45 pickup and I would be more than happy to start picking him up at 2pm instead. Never a problem after that.

I also had a guy who would bitch about me "showing up early" for his pickup. His pickup was scheduled for 4:45 and I would get there at 4:42. I would get there and go to the bathroom and clean up a little and get a drink. By the time I got back to the truck it was 4:45. Then one day he went off. I told him I have a couple dozen other pickups that would love to have his 4:45 pickup and I would be more than happy to start picking him up at 2pm instead. Never a problem after that.
I had a 5 oclock pickup,... no matter what time i got there he was never ready! He always said i was too early. So one friday i got tired of dealing with his crap and I pulled in about 530. Shipper was yelling and screaming at me WTF...WTF...... I said how does it feel? ...... He said (screaming at me) What the Blank..blank do you mean? I said this is what you do to me every single day and I am sick and tired of this CRAP!!!!! this is your new pickup time 4 ever..... He was never late again!!!..LOL

U

uber

When I made a delivery the woman opened the box and there was a fully assembled chandelier inside that was broke. She gave me a line of crap about you should be ashamed of your self because you are wearing the uniform. I reply who the hell asks a company to ship a chandelier in a box and also what company ships chandeliers through ups. Then I laughed and walked away. Compliant came in and me and my sups where all laughing in the office, fun times.

I had a guy who I delivered a bunch of hockey sticks to a couple weeks ago at a business. He told me the next day that I damaged the some of the hockey sticks and asked my name like he was going to file a complaint. I had to explain to him several people handle the packages along the way. He was puzzled. Almost as if he thought that I picked it up from Michigan or wherever and drove it out to him.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Years ago I delivered about 30-40 pieces per day to a large hardware store, part of a national chain. One day this place got a new manager who immediately laid people off and went on this big cost-cutting kick. Soon after that I showed up at the dock with my usual pile of packages, and the guy was standing there all puffed up and pompous with this big clipboard full of SKU numbers and a map of the store. He told me that the "new procedure" would be that I would read the SKU (its a code number of some sort) on each package and handtruck it to different aisles of the store according to a map he had painstakingly drawn up. I politely informed him that the dock was the designated delivery point for all packages, and that I was not responsible for distributing his stock throughout the store. He said he wouldnt sign for the packages until I had carted them around to the correct aisle in the store, so rather than arguing I just sheeted them as "refused" and started loading them all back into the package car. I was almost ready to drive away before he finally caved in and agreed to sign for them on the dock. I wasnt bluffing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I had a guy who I delivered a bunch of hockey sticks to a couple weeks ago at a business. He told me the next day that I damaged the some of the hockey sticks and asked my name like he was going to file a complaint. I had to explain to him several people handle the packages along the way. He was puzzled. Almost as if he thought that I picked it up from Michigan or wherever and drove it out to him.

We actually had a pick up account tell a driver. "I guess u won't be back for at least a few days since you have to go to Alaska to deliver that package. "

Like I've said before its really amazing how little idea some people have as to how the delivery system works.

Big Babooba

I've had a few that I had to set straight. One of the customers on my route now for instance. The first day I was ever there solo I stacked stuff up pseudo-nice. Second day I was in a bit of a hurry and they didn't have a ton and I (what she called) threw everything up on the dock. No order, no nothing. She went off on me telling me that she wants her stuff STACKED up. So the next day I only have maybe 12-15 boxes for her and so by her request I stacked them up. All in one pile. Looked like a UPS totem pole. When she came back and saw my delivery she just laughed and said, "Touché". She also had to have help getting the top ones down since I am 6'2" and she is only about 5'4" and couldn't exactly reach the top. And I even randomized it so it wasn't biggest on the bottom to smallest on the top.
Two years later I stack everything in nice neat piles separated by where they are coming from. She says to me one day that she has me trained. I told her, "not quite. I do it for myself as it takes up less space if you stack like packages together as your dock area is somewhat tiny. Plus, I also don't have to hear you bitch if I do it this way."
I didn't know that they could pile **** that high!!!:surprise:

Rico

Oooh hell NO! Booze talking is worse than booze not talking. That would have been reported IMMEDIATELY! Too sup's and to cops. We had a guy pull a gun on a driver over his VA meds. He was black listed along with being reported. Anything he gets he has to go pick up.

I had a shotgun pulled on me over a cash only COD package.