Benefit Package dollar value?

Inthegame

I agree 80% of the time. Honestly I think it not only varies with each driver but varies where that driver is in life. Just married before kids-LOVE it! Kids are very young-is ok. Kids are in school and sports/plays/recitals RARELY get seen it is hard...REALLY HARD! Kids are in college, gotta have it! When the kids are gone and we are staring down the barrel of retirement its 50/50...trying to balance retirement savings with the tired/worn-out body. This last phase is 100% dependent on how well the particular driver has planned ahead.

co-chair, IMO, was not accurate. My friends and neighbors know I am at work before them and get home well after they do. 3/4 of them have told me to my face that they wouldn't want my job. The other 1/4 just say, "wow" and leave it at that.

I started this thread to try and fully understand the contract offer. So few, in-fact NOBODY, knew the answer to my question. One union representative in this thread didn't even know or he flat out lied, I haven't made up my mind yet as to which. It took no small amount of digging on my part to figure it out. And even then the accuracy of my information is dependent on the truthfulness in the Youtube video.
Have you asked your BA what the actual benefit costs are? As has been accurately stated by many, the amount varies depending on who carries insurance and who carries your pension. But the averages posted are close approximations. My local BA's know the benefit package cost to the penny and report those numbers to any inquiring member.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Also this is covered at least once every few years in teamsters mailers we get.

There is an article every so often about how much our compensation is compared to FedEx. I think all our bennies add up to about $15 an hour.

Inthegame

Also this is covered at least once every few years in teamsters mailers we get.

There is an article every so often about how much our compensation is compared to FedEx. I think all our bennies add up to about $15 an hour.
I believe L688 are over $17 (I think it's listed in your rider). UPS likes to add in vacation, holidays, LTD and recognition cakes when they compile numbers.

brown_trousers

If you are presently under the company healthcare plan, a definite dollar amount cannot be achieved.
This is because under this plan, the company is required to provide a defined benefit.
As a self insured company, it could and should vary somewhat year to year.
So it is all hinged on the cost of healthcare, which has been steadily increasing annually.
This is why I believe we should all be pushing to be in the company plan vs the union plan, where the company carries the burden of providing a defined benefit instead of enjoying a defined contribution to the union despite increasing costs.

I completely agree with staying on the company plan, for the mere reason of it being very well defined. We would know exactly what our benefits are today, and what they would be 4 yrs from now. Its kind of like job security, but in the context of healthcare benefits.

For me, its not about the company plan providing more coverage. But the security in knowing exactly how much my family and I will be covered for in the foreseable future. Moving to the teamsters plan leaves me a bit nervous about what the teamsters might do to my healthcare coverage in the future as they are allowed to "modify" those benefits based on costs and funding.

balland chain

I would bet my life savings that the Teamsters would never allow UPS to control healthcare.. They need UPS"s $$ to dig them out of the big hole created by the crooks at Central States.. It is our benefit, why dont WE get to choose who administers our healthcare ?