Benefits after quitting

gusblack707

I have decided leave to UPS after year+ as a PT Supervisor. What I am wondering is how long do my health benefits last after I quit and how do I cash out or transfer my 401 K?

Thanks in advance for the reply's.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
transfer directly from 401k to either an ira or roth ira so you don't have to pay taxes and penalties. I suggest the Vanguard group of mutual funds because of the very low fees. use an index fund like the S and P 500.

as of health bennies someone else will need to give you that answer. you could call the customer service number on your medical card.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have decided leave to UPS after year+ as a PT Supervisor. What I am wondering is how long do my health benefits last after I quit and how do I cash out or transfer my 401 K?

Thanks in advance for the reply's.
Your benefits terminate immediately upon date of leaving UPS.
As others have said, if possible, do not cash out your 401k.
As an aside, if you have a loan against your 401k, it must be paid off in full upon termination of your employment.

Now, back yo your question ... contact the 401k plan via phone 1-800-541-6154 or Internet - upssavings.voyaplans.com

Th above is from my last UPS 401k Savings Plan statement. Check yours to ensure your contact info is the same.