Benefits Cost

Has anyone looked at the cost of benefits yet? My cost goes up around $1,250 for 2008 without making any changes to what I currently have. This is what our company refers to as "benchmarking."

Dragontongue

P/T Tr Sup 66062
Management pays - I pay, and I know it's considerable. And, yes, it keeps rising while value of the coverage gets worse (higher deductables, lifetime maximums, co-pay percentage).

Everything seems to go up at a healthy rate, except pay increases. With the dollar/hour a year, most hourly positions quickly outmatch my salary.
What can ya do...

1timepu

Management pays - I pay, and I know it's considerable. And, yes, it keeps rising while value of the coverage gets worse (higher deductables, lifetime maximums, co-pay percentage).

Everything seems to go up at a healthy rate, except pay increases. With the dollar/hour a year, most hourly positions quickly outmatch my salary.
What can ya do...

We had a rash of management leaving in our building...unhappy

Let's get blogging and get people thinking about some kind of alternative to the lousy and expensive mgt health care package. I am looking to save money not pay a LOT more than previous years....HELP!!!!!!!!

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Obamacare will take care of all your problems.

I'm striving to become a poor illegal alien. Free medical care, free school, free food stamps, free income, NO taxes and no penalty for breaking the law.

Next time I get pulled over for speeding I'm just gonna say I'm illegal. What's the worst that can happen, sign me up for Obamacare?

UPSGUY72

What can ya do...

There are no lifetime Maximums anymore.

Remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side you should have stayed in the union.

The OP is mgt.

Our turn is coming in 2013.

Are you already throwing the towel in it's only 2010.

I know isn't it great brother.

+1
Another reason why not to go into management.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I tend to think that current employees are going to continue to have bene's paid for. It's going to be the people coming in as brand new hires that are going to get the sausage on benefits. And they'll probably find a way to make top scale for drivers take 5 years. UPS is going to be like working for WalMart or Safeway soon. A job for kids just graduating or college students needing something in the meantime, but not even remotely career worthy.