Benefits Question?

I was wondering when do you get benefits when starting out at UPS. Medical, Dental, and Vision. I was hearing they come in at different times.

Also how much does it cost to add your spouse and a child to the insurance?

UPSGUY72

yes, those are union negotiated benefits, its free to a certain degree....better than mgnmt

What certain degree is that. I don't pay a dime for anything. My local even reimburses me for any prescription co-pays or out pocket cost for vision up to $600 a year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What certain degree is that. I don't pay a dime for anything. My local even reimburses me for any prescription co-pays or out pocket cost for vision up to $600 a year.

The certain degree he is talking about is that our benefits are part of our total compensation and if we didn't have the benefits we would make a higher hourly wage.

UPSGUY72

The certain degree he is talking about is that our benefits are part of our total compensation and if we didn't have the benefits we would make a higher hourly wage.

If we didn't have benefits the only people that would be making more money would be the stock holders...