Bereavement days

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TheKingOfQueens, Jul 8, 2014.

1. My grandfather just passed away after a long hard battle with cancer. Been working for brown for 10 months. Looked all over the contract but can't find anything on bereavement days. How many do I get and will I get paid for them ? Help!

Just created new account . Was "theupsguy83" using TheKingOfQueens from now on

2. Forgot to mention. Part timer

Just created new account . Was "theupsguy83" using TheKingOfQueens from now on

3. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Go Brown Or Go Home! Active Member

There was just a post on it. Look around you'll find it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

4. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

5. Thanks Bud!!

Just created new account . Was "theupsguy83" using TheKingOfQueens from now on.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Jones, the OP only has 10 months of service. Does funeral leave also require a minimum of one year of service?

Resident know-it-all.

7. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

As long as the employee has seniority they get the pay.

8. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

It's a valid question however in the language of that section there is no mention of the year or any similar minimum time worked type clause.

Sent using BrownCafe App

9. I have got paid for a sick day a couple weeks back. Meanwhile I thought I needed to be there 1 year before being paid for sick days .

Just created new account . Was "theupsguy83" using TheKingOfQueens from now on.

10. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Sorry for your loss. Its tough. Make sure you have the obit for them.
    In the bog (bubble of goodness), you should be able to get more time off unpaid if needed. But if you dont work in one of those, they will tell you, nothing you can do now hes gone, get to work.

11. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

The language applies to seniority employees, which is 30 days where I'm at and probably for you as well.

12. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

If you made book before the year rolls over (May 1 here) then you get your sick/optional days starting May 1.