Bereavement Leave

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for your loss
And Mark, I am sorry for yours as well, if you are in the same situation as me. Thanks for the kind words from everyone, I wasn't trying to take over this thread. My mom was 79 and lived a great life. She was spoiled and so was I. We will all go thorough losing our loved ones, I am greatful that I was able to be there at the very end for her.

Brownnblue

You're kidding, right? While I know that they don't ask you to produce a corpse, I do believe that you have to show an obituary or otherwise provide proof in order to be approved and paid for the applicable time off, which depends upon where in the lineage the deceased is in your family. Now, I will probably catch a lot of flak for this next suggestion, but a quick phone call to the UPS Hotline would most certainly put an end to this abuse of a privilege which has been provided by UPS as a benefit to its' employees. I know that I would be upset if I was given extra work for an employee who was attending his mother's funeral for the third time this year.

When my grandmother passed years ago, the center manager was nice enough to send flowers. I would imagine that if the flower order somehow came back because there was no death and therefore no wake this would raise a red flag. When my other grandmother passed there were no flowers, so I guess there is no set policy, but it would seem like a sure fire way to confirm the death as well as being a nice thing to do.

Brownnblue

Is there any policy on biological parents? I was adopted at birth and through cirumstances found out who my birth parents are.