best beer?

browniehound

Samuel Adams Boston Lager.

It's the best.
Boston lager is great. But there is a season brew put out by Sam Adams that I wish I could drink all year round. That is Sam Adams summer ale. Put a lemon wegde in it and its truly about as good as it gets with beer. :thumbup1: Anyone else agree?

browniehound

When I was in the Czech Republic, I noticed they are really proud of their beer. They even boast that the Germans agree that Czech beer is the best.

What's the best beer you're ever had? American or otherwise?

Back in high school I was friends with an Austrian(he spoke german) exchange student. He came out and partied with us on weekends. As you may know, there is no drinking age in Austria. He told us that he could by beer from a vending machine at school! Is that not the wildest thing you ever heard? Apparently they encourage alcohism at a young age and is part of the required curriculum in grades 9-12:w00t:

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
I don't drink beer very often, but if we're out somewhere that they brew the beer on the premises I'll always order one... When we travel it's kind of a ritual for us to find a sidewalk cafe and try the local beer.

Me too! :thumbup1: My favorite beer is from Bell's Brewing, right here in my hometown of Kalamazoo, MI. It helps that I deliver there sometimes and they hook me up. If I can't get something from a local, I love Guinness.

When I was down in Texas I got hooked on Lone Star. It's super cheap and kinda skunky, but for some reason I like it. Brought 2 cases back to MI with me. :lol:

Overpaid Union Thug

I agree that Sam Adams is the best. There are so many different flavors though. "Boston Lager" isn't my favorite but since it is the most widely available flavor of Sam Adams on the market that is what I buy. My favorite is "Double Bock". During the holidays they usually sell "seasonal brews" and usualy a sample pack. I like all the flavors in it except for the rasberry flavored. I can't remember the exact name for it.

Second, Third, and Fourth after Sam Adams beer is.....

2)Amberbock
3)Sapporo
4)Corona

The rest of the crew such as Budweiser, Miller, and Coors all taste like water to me. Especially the "light" beers. I only consider those types of beers if I'm going to be drinking outside in the heat because its better to drink the "light weight beers" then. People tend to drink faster in that situation.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I keep a couple of frosted mugs in the old icebox. The fine things in life, one should always be prepared! .............. I just started getting thirsty for some reason................

feederwrench

guy under your tractor
Hey folks, I'm new here but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...Steel Rail Ale by Berkshire Brewing is even better than Sam Adams.It's only available in western Massachusetts .

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hey folks, I'm new here but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...Steel Rail Ale by Berkshire Brewing is even better than Sam Adams.It's only available in western Massachusetts .

Well Feederwrench, sit down on a stool and welcome to the Brown Cafe. You picked the right spot for your first post. There are a few Mechanics that regularly posts, my brown machine wouldn't go without you guys. I wish I could buy you a beer!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Newcastle, Samuel Smith, Warsteiner, and Stella are my favorite imports. but you can never go wrong with some good ole' fashioned Buttweiper err Budweiser. Solitary siren, one that pushes me and only leaves me so..?

canon

Newcastle, Samuel Smith, Warsteiner, and Stella are my favorite imports. but you can never go wrong with some good ole' fashioned Buttweiper err Budweiser. Solitary siren, one that pushes me and only leaves me so..?

Gotta agree there. Ice cold... even better on a winter day in the garage screwing up
the latest project with some power tool and enjoying every minute of it.
74613613.jpg

And Guinness... on tap of course.

Quit drinking, but I still remember.

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
after a lovely day at ups i find yhe beer that i can get the quickest the 1 i love best

oh, that takes me back. before i got a job during the day a group of us would meet up at a sports bar after Preload and get a bunch of drinks. pitchers of fat tire or whatever else and various shots. it would be about nine or ten in the morning and we're drinking it up. to most people drinking before noon would be a symptom of alcoholism, but to us it was already past noon, so..........:thumbup1:

browniehound

So nobody likes Sam Adams Summer Ale? :confused:1 It truly is beer nirvana. Everyone do yourselves a favor this July. Grab a 6-pack of sam summer and a lemon. After its been 95 degrees all day, pour one in a cold mug with a lemon wedge and chill on your back deck after a hard day at UPS . Watch the sun set and the birds chirp. Trust me, it doesnt get much better than this!:thumbup1: