best beer?

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Any beer made by Rouge. Especially Dead Guy Ale, Moca Porter, or Hazelnut Brown Nectar, love it but it is a bit expensive. Most days just a nice few cold cans of Miller High life does the trick.

nowvoyager

beer at its best is a hoppy ipa... preferably russian river brewing company... Pliny the Elder or younger.... Of course you have to be in Santa Rosa CA to enjoy it

jetset

pitch and toss
And here we are across the pond thinking you guys only drank beer at college.
Nothing beats a nice cold Boddingtons "the cream of Manchester" now brewed in Wales. The bees on a can of Boddies come from the Mnachester coat of arms. some say they should now be removed. Any US products that have become associated with a part of the US then moved? I hear a few of your Football teams have moved from one state to another. Years of supporting your home town team for them to move away, man what a bummer that must be!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nothing beats a nice cold Boddingtons "the cream of Manchester" now brewed in Wales. The bees on a can of Boddies come from the Mnachester coat of arms. some say they should now be removed.

jetset, this is my favorite Import! Its hard to find, about $7.00 for a 4-pack, but well worth the search. I usually stick with Budweiser, its at every store around. I usually like a single malt scotch in the winter time, but when it gets hot, nothing is better than an ice cold barley pop. I keep a couple of glass mugs in my freezer ready for when I come home from work. :happy2:

jetset

pitch and toss
$7.00 about £3.50 cheaper than the UK.
Big drive in the UK at moment to increase price of Ale in an attempt
to reduce consumption.
Most people drink lager rather than Bitter allthough at the moment
Cider (Magners) is making a comeback.
I don't recall seeing any Uk beers whilst in the US on Holiday.
I'll sup a few Boddingtons for you tonight at the local.
Slangi.:knockedout:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
When I was in the Czech Republic, I noticed they are really proud of their beer. They even boast that the Germans agree that Czech beer is the best.

What's the best beer you're ever had? American or otherwise?

The best is a pint of the black stuff (Guiness) but in Irleand. Its pretty good all through europe but not quite the same , and the stuff over here is better than nothing. like fresh milk.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Lucky Lager.......the nectar of the God's! Pilsner, however is my usual go to.....brewed right here in Saskatchewan. Every now and then I'll pick up a case of Alexander Keith's, just for a change of pace. For all you fellow Keith's drinkers out there, if you love the pale ale, you have to try their new red ale. It is delightful.

After all this talk about Sam Adams, I may have to try some one day. If I ever stumble upon a case I will be sure to purchase it.

over9five

Staff member
This thread is great, I'm glad to see it back! (Everybody rate it 5 stars!)
Made me think of the post below, I still haven't tried it.

Hey folks, I'm new here but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...Steel Rail Ale by Berkshire Brewing is even better than Sam Adams.It's only available in western Massachusetts .

IDoLessWorkThanMost

the best beer I have ever had was in Austria, but I'll be damned if I remember the name.

I'm scott so mostly it's scotch for me.

But for beer, the best beer I've ever had other than the one in Austia,
is Unibroue's La Fin Du Monde. actually most of the Unibroue beers are very good, but that ones my favorite.

I also really enjoy a Murphys stout, by far my fav stout over guiness and all the mainstream ones.