Best flashlight for peak nights?

moldsporh

Nope not afraid of the dark.

I haven't crossed over yet. I still have to see what they offering first and that won't be to sometime after the first of the year...

So I still get to vote.
Not to completely derail the thread....but they offer everything to bait you, then crap all over you.

Then pretty much say haha, we have you and you can't go back and you saved us a ton of money not paying your pension and we'll work you 55 hrs on a 40 hr pay.

Were only pressing this cuz we kinda care.

Ok, back to flashlights.

Grey

Let's see
I have one of these
images

And one of these
images

And one of these
View attachment 61185

I should be set

Are you a part time Navy Seal on the weekend?

wayfair

swollen member
I have a Fenix TK40, it's about 4 years old.
Before that I had an older Surefire defender, the dog lost it somewhere.

I'd like to try the Fenix E25.

moldsporh

And 8x the price

When you can light up the house from inside the package car...it's real nice. I could do that with an older 220 Lumen light.

It's also about beam focus...makes all the difference.

You could drop 50 to 70 bucks on a lesser Fenix and achieve near the same results.

The TK35 is just a bada$$ light.

moldsporh

Instant sunlight...$15 at Home Depot. Rechargeable, bright, lightweight, and charge lasts for a month. Also have one in each personal car for roadside emergencies.

View attachment 61188
QUOTE="scooby0048, post: 1945574, member: 50693"]And 8x the price[/QUOTE]

The Navy called, they want their signal light back. maybe it's just me but being able to put it in your pocket is nice.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
20151123_191905.jpg

Bigger one is harbor freight special for rural areas, smaller one is for suburbia or city... both was under $20 total, so its not a bad deal if i have to use one to defend against a dog

lithium ion batteries, but i alternate with charging one while using the other

35years

Gravy route
$100 Fenix TK35 (960 lummens)
$130 Fenix TK35 Ultimate Edt. 2015 LED Flashlight - 2000 Lumens

1000W LED Flashlight - Worlds Brightest (90,000 Lumens)

Personally I have a 2000 lumen (rated) LED Lithium-Ion Rechargeable spotlight
that can be had for about $40 on sale. It recharges from an outlet or cig lighter.
Flashlights have come a long way in the last 4 years.
Checkout the forum for light junkies...
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?55-Flashlights

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
The DIAD 5 already has a flashlight. However if you want something bright enough to read the address on the houses, then the small cylinder led torches sold at harbor freight should work. Also those flat led flashlight that have both a small light on the side and a whole bunch of leds on the front will work to read the addresses.

moldsporh

I used a 220 Lumen Fenix for a few years, works perfect on townhouse or single family homes 50' from the street, looked like the popo was checking things out.

A 500 lumen light with a flood beam won't do much for long range. Buy once, cry once.

SmithBarney

I have something like this haven't used them yet but blinded myself pretty good.
led-hat-clip-headlight-elm-8171.jpg

If all else fails these should work too.
57d37756046f916de6f405635fd0b7f1.jpg

But in all seriousness, if your PC is like mine, you can't see anything in the back, get a nice
LED camping lamp and just leave it on back there. It'll burn all night on a set of batteries(or a charge if rechargable)