Best flashlight I have found yet.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I don't have a regular route so I don't know all routes like the back of my hand. I do pretty good in the dark on those back country routes though. A good flashlight is a must though for those tricky numbers and dark lanes that must be walked off. Those multi-LED lights just don't cut it. They good for about 10 feet and really are not up to the task of locating and seeing house numbers.

A few years ago I located a company that produced a good LED flashlight that had a range of about 120 yrds. Each successive light that they put out increased the range to nearly 250 yrds which is a great help in the dark. Now they have a light that is rated at 500yds. Tried it out the other night. It rocks. Believe it or not, it runs on 4 AA batteries.

Pm me if you are interested in the particulars.
O Beam Flashlight.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Picked these up at Costco, 500 lumens should be plenty for anyone.
Online they sell a 4 pack but in the store they have 2 pack, you probably don't need 4 flashlights...

Marne Vet

Hahahaha flashlights? I work in the ghetto. You know who uses flashlights in the ghetto? It's NOT the UPS driver. No one would open their doors if I started shinning lights at their doors or porch looking for an address. Instead of getting shot I'd rather sheet NS#. lol

jaker

trolling
I off road a lot so I use the ones I have already and if I need a really good one I tell the wife I need it for work

Mr Shifter

sipik sk68

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009YQQ8HK

Best budget light most throw n small. Can spot a street number without shinning on the whole house. Zooms wide and narrow like a maglite but fits in the palm of your hand.

If you get one you'd probably want to get the upgraded 14450 lithium ion batteries but you can use any AA's at the store

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why would anybody consider spending their own hard earned money to earn less money?
I scratch my head over a similar phenomenon almost daily, most mornings before my scheduled start time.
I never carried a flashlight in delivery even on country routes, but you need one in feeders.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A 500 lumens, $100 flashlight, with upgraded 14450 lithium ion batteries?
Heh, it's not that much, the 500 lumens duracells from costco are about $12 to $13 each and they run on regular old batteries. It's really helpful to have that super bright light when you're pre-tripping your equipment and checking all your connections at 0200.