Best gloves?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by SnakePlissken, Dec 6, 2013.

1. SnakePlissken

SnakePlissken Member

What are the best gloves you guys/gals are using that affords warmth/protection from the elements but still allows the functionality to use the DIAD board somewhat effectively?
  2. Future

Future Well-Known Member

:grouphugg:Trojan....? In your case extra smalll!
  3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

You could use search and find out all the previous threads for gloves, but, I my opinion (and I'm sure you won't want to spend the cash) Foot Joy winter golf gloves rock.

4. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Yes, i would always advise a answer to someone who says"I my Opinion" !!
  5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

6. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I usually wore gripper gloves. Cheap and replace when they wear out. There are many other choices but mostly needs to be a thinner glove.
  10. MassWineGuy

Yes I was. This particlar supe is one of the very few human beings in that position and understood that I might possibly have had something non-UPS to do after being written off by UPS the day before. Didn't seem to hurt me. I worked yesterday and go in Monday at 8:40. And what gloves do you wear?
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

I don't---real men don't wear gloves.
  12. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

13. AirTractor

AirTractor New Member

Along the same lines as BrownArmy, I use these. 4$/pair:

14. MassWineGuy

My sympathies that you're living a delusion about what defines a real man. Many of the full time UPS drivers I know must not be real men, either, since they wear gloves. I'm sure it's much better to go through the winter with cracked, bleeding fingers. What was I thinking when I bought those danged gloves?!
  15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

i get about 2-3 months out of a pair of Ironclad Box Handler gloves. I buy 3 pair to get me through the winter. I can use the DIAD, reach into my pockets and still pretty comfortable. They aren't "warm" gloves but they certainly keep your hands from getting cold. Been wearing them for about 8 years or so.
  16. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

I was just thinking that....those gloves and boots he posted a thread about waterproofing must keep him really toasty and dry in front of the
  17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

I wear gloves when it's cold out but not at work. The combo of cold weather and ups grime and dirt dry my hands out....and my fingers crack. Solution....crazy glue. Couldn't make it through peak without it....unless you like to be in pain everytime you lift a box.
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

Do you find it difficult to use the TV remote while wearing those danged gloves?
  19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I like the Wells Lamont Handy Andy gloves. Walmart used to carry them but don't now. There like $17 for 12- internet. They are thicker than the brown gloves and they do a nice job of keeping the hands warm and clean.

A side benefit, the yellow color ticks some management members off!
  20. MassWineGuy

No. Not one bit. Nor to throw rocks at passing cars.