Best GPS for an air driver?

BurntSienna

I deliver air on Sat. and I'm also gonna be doing it after my preload shift as needed. Need something that will optimize my stops and put them in order to save time/mileage. Any thoughts, recommendations?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I deliver air on Sat. and I'm also gonna be doing it after my preload shift as needed. Need something that will optimize my stops and put them in order to save time/mileage. Any thoughts, recommendations?
Have your supes hook you up with good maps of your stops before you go out. You shouldn't be obligated to buy a $100+ GPS to do this job.

rod

Retired 22 years
Is it any wonder why management expects more and more out of their drivers. I never saw a route yet that couldn't be learned starting blind. Sure the first few days (maybe a week or two) will consist of long days and wanting to throw yourself off a cliff but area knowledge is learned quicker if you aren't using all kinds of fancy gadgets.

PT Car Washer

Is it any wonder why management expects more and more out of their drivers. I never saw a route yet that couldn't be learned starting blind. Sure the first few days (maybe a week or two) will consist of long days and wanting to throw yourself off a cliff but area knowledge is learned quicker if you aren't using all kinds of fancy gadgets.
He is not running a route. Saturday Air is a bunch of different stops in a sometimes large geographic area. Seldom go to the same stop each week. Buy a map book and learn how to use it.

rod

Retired 22 years
He is not running a route. Saturday Air is a bunch of different stops in a sometimes large geographic area. Seldom go to the same stop each week. Buy a map book and learn how to use it.

Sorry ----my bad---its called posting while not paying attention. But I still say the heck with a GPS unless the company wants to buy him one. we all know that won't happen.

watdaflock?

We don't have ORION, EDD or PASS on Saturday. All old school. Area knowledge is all we have.
Figured so but I was just making another stupid and sarcastic comment.
For roadtrips I bought a refurb Garmin many years ago and love it. Still works great, seems to update itself all on its own. I'm always impressed how it warns of speed changes and construction on the highway.

Plus, is there an outlet for a GPS system?

Cementups

Box Monkey
On m new route, 30% of it isn't on a map. So I learn as I go. It's the best way to learn breaks on the main roads to set up the route better. I only ever use the GPS to pinpoint houses that are in the woods and aren't marked very well.

Cementups

Box Monkey
What is GPS? Is it google positioning system? Just use ur phone bra.

????

bra-phone.jpg

djkre8r

Your phone! Google Maps. Saturday air is all over the place. Put in the address, kick back, and just turn when told to. Occasionally look for mail box numbers.