Best Peak in Many Years

Goldilocks

Hey Goldi, you sure have changed your tune like bb said! What happened! Looks like your the little bad, winey wolf now! Did someone pee in your purple poridge?

I saw the Black light. By the way, how do you like the new and improved Big Tex? I think he is Mixed....lol

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
You wanna feel real hard work come on over to the brown side. We got blown away , but it wasn't good weather , it was blood sweat and tears as usual with extra people in place. Mr Abney spent a billion to make sure of it.

Goldilocks

You wanna feel real hard work come on over to the brown side. We got blown away , but it wasn't good weather , it was blood sweat and tears as usual with extra people in place. Mr Abney spent a billion to make sure of it.

They pay you for your hard work....AND GOOD....

MAKAVELI

It's all relative bro. Express may not do as many stops as you guys in Brown( although many metro areas can get somewhat close), but many of us work just as hard as you guys. Many of us load and unload freight in addition to running a route. The main difference is you are compensated for the workload, where we are not.

Goldilocks

It's all relative bro. Express may not do as many stops as you guys in Brown( although many metro areas can get somewhat close), but many of us work just as hard as you guys. Many of us load and unload freight in addition to running a route. The main difference is you are compensated for the workload, where we are not.

Also, try pulling 4 trucks then having to go run a route...Express Drivers ROCK, and work just as hard as UPS.....

MAKAVELI

UPS doesn't deliver mainly envelopes.
Oh but they do deliver their share. Whether it's an envelope or a 10 lb Amazon box makes no difference to me. By the way the Express weight limit is a hundred fifty pounds I routinely see boxes up to that weight and heavier.

By The Book

I thought the thread was about peak. I think a good business plan is the number one reason peak ran smooth, and the weather was definitely a bonus.

DontThrowPackages

Oh but they do deliver their share. Whether it's an envelope or a 10 lb Amazon box makes no difference to me. By the way the Express weight limit is a hundred fifty pounds I routinely see boxes up to that weight and heavier.
I love those boxes that read149LBS. Yeah, that crate is 200LBS and Im not taking it out. Then I see they found a rookie to take it and get rid of it. Preventable goes both ways.

TUT

Oh but wait, I'm sure managers and upper management received theirs. lol

Clint Eastwood's voice: "You should have gone into management."

I wish it were more balanced, but there is always a path to move forward.

It's never too late.

Reports are suggesting a 98% delivery success for both carriers and from reading here it didn't seem either carrier in general (there are always exceptions) didn't have to jump through impossible hoops all day to obtain that.

Goldilocks

Clint Eastwood's voice: "You should have gone into management."

I wish it were more balanced, but there is always a path to move forward.

It's never too late.

Reports are suggesting a 98% delivery success for both carriers and from reading here it didn't seem either carrier in general (there are always exceptions) didn't have to jump through impossible hoops all day to obtain that.

Probably would have but, had to raise 3 daughters. Use to love this company but now its all about who can profit who. I so care about the front line employee and that's it....We are the companies cash cow. It truly upsets me to see how Express has shifted its priority. God how did it go so wrong.......................

TUT

Probably would have but, had to raise 3 daughters. Use to love this company but now its all about who can profit who. I so care about the front line employee and that's it....We are the companies cash cow. It truly upsets me to see how Express has shifted its priority. God how did it go so wrong.......................

Right but think about this... if you did move into management, you would have found new priorities and new colleagues to work with. You would have seen things from another perspective, assuming you are a good reasonable person, you would have then cared about them.

About your first sentence, I take it you became a stay at home mom for a decade or two?

overflowed

Lot's of people at Express would for sure be excellent managers. Those are the same people who have issues with morals. When you can clearly see part of your job in fedex management is to outright lie in peoples faces, pretty much cuts out most decent people from going into it. So what you get now a days are people that could barely make it as a courier, or whatever.