Best phone for package car driving?

Ashell

Its been a while since I did driver helper, so I don't know what technology has gone into cars as far as GPS. But are there any phones out there that have better features for drivers? durability, signal, helpful apps, carrier? I know handling your phone and driving is a no no, but voice commands and Bluetooth, or is that even allowed?

Future

Victory Ride
Motorola-_DynaTAC_1.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our PCM yesterday was about the updated policy on distracted driving. Basically we are not supposed to touch our phones or DIADs whether the wheels are rolling or not. I bring my iPhone4 to work everyday but rarely if ever use it, certainly not for navigation or "turn by turn".

jaker

trolling
My phone is in my pocket all day but that is because I stream pandora while I am working

And don't buy a phone based off this job , buy a phone based on the reason you want it

Ouch

e="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1306185, member: 12570"]Our PCM yesterday was about the updated policy on distracted driving. Basically we are not supposed to touch our phones or DIADs whether the wheels are rolling or not. I bring my iPhone4 to work everyday but rarely if ever use it, certainly not for navigation or "turn by turn".[/quote]
Didn't you post that you use your phone to call pickups and your helper and whom ever else you needed to call to make your day run smoother? Now your posting you rarely if ever use it?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My phone sits in the cup holder on the dash. It sits there untouched until the end of the day. A few customers have my number but they rarely call. It's there for emergency use only.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
e="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1306185, member: 12570"]Our PCM yesterday was about the updated policy on distracted driving. Basically we are not supposed to touch our phones or DIADs whether the wheels are rolling or not. I bring my iPhone4 to work everyday but rarely if ever use it, certainly not for navigation or "turn by turn".
Didn't you post that you use your phone to call pickups and your helper and whom ever else you needed to call to make your day run smoother? Now your posting you rarely if ever use it?[/quote]
I use my phone at work as needed. Oftentimes to make my day go smoother.

Marne Vet

Its been a while since I did driver helper, so I don't know what technology has gone into cars as far as GPS. But are there any phones out there that have better features for drivers? durability, signal, helpful apps, carrier? I know handling your phone and driving is a no no, but voice commands and Bluetooth, or is that even allowed?

Any phone is fine. You won't need the phone for work, meaning you don't have to use it to call customers that leave notes asking you to call them, and signal strength in the area you work is Carrier based, so look at coverage maps before buying a phone. The only useful apps I need for work are SiriusXM, and Podcasts.

rod

Retired 22 years
For the majority of my career cell phones weren't even around. We had to use our brains. --------------------------ok--I asked for it--bring it on.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Whatever phone you wind up with, buy an Otter Box for it. A package car is a harsh enviornment and at some point you WILL wind up dropping your phone. I have a 3 yr old iphone 4 that is in mint condition because it has spent its whole life in an Otter Box. Plus they have a clip on the back so you can attach the phone to the metal lip above the sun visor or some other convenient location.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scoutlover

My suggestion is a Droid Razr Maxx HD. It has the longest battery life of any phone out so it's awesome for streaming music on those 12-14 hour days.

Sent using BrownCafe App