Best phone for package car driving?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Didn't you post that you use your phone to call pickups and your helper and whom ever else you needed to call to make your day run smoother? Now your posting you rarely if ever use it?

I never call pickup stops----they pay $20/week to see my pretty face.

During Peak I do call my helper to set up our meet point.

I use my phone when it benefits me.

wayfair

swollen member
I gotta Sony xperia z1s, it's waterproof up to 1.5 meters and has a 20 mp camera!!

I use the plantronics backbeat go 2 wireless earbuds for music and driving

Ouch

="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1306393, member: 12570"]I never call pickup stops----they pay $20/week to see my pretty face.

During Peak I do call my helper to set up our meet point.

I use my phone when it benefits me.[/quote]
Ahhhhh but you do call the dentist office on Friday to see if they have anything so they can start their weekend early. Lol lol lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
This phone has been my savior during my time at UPS and gets me the best results, especially when communicating with management.

ts3_chattertelephone.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One feature of smart phones that can really come in handy on a rural route is the satellite photos on Google Earth or Mapquest. If its dark and you cant see how long a driveway is or whether or not there is anywhere to turn around when you get up to the house, being able to pull up a satellite photo of the stop can be a real lifesaver.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Samsung Galaxy note 2. It has the pen in it so you can take notes if you have to. Sounds stupid with the pen but trust me youll use it to take notes in. Kinda like instead of searching for a pen and something to write on. Plus I listen to music on it all day with my Bluetooth earphones and still have at least 20 percent of my battery left at end of day. Big screen to, to be able to look at things instead of one of those little smurf phones. You can do a lot with it. Going to skip over the note 3, as there isn't much difference between the 2 and 3, and go straight to the 4 when it comes out in the fall. Usually rule of thumb is every 2 cycles the phone changes dramatically.

Indecisi0n

Samsung Galaxy note 2. It has the pen in it so you can take notes if you have to. Sounds stupid with the pen but trust me youll use it to take notes in. Kinda like instead of searching for a pen and something to write on. Plus I listen to music on it all day with my Bluetooth earphones and still have at least 20 percent of my battery left at end of day. Big screen to, to be able to look at things instead of one of those little smurf phones. You can do a lot with it. Going to skip over the note 3, as there isn't much difference between the 2 and 3, and go straight to the 4 when it comes out in the fall. Usually rule of thumb is every 2 cycles the phone changes dramatically.
I just write on the bulkhead door.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Whatever phone you wind up with, buy an Otter Box for it. A package car is a harsh enviornment and at some point you WILL wind up dropping your phone. I have a 3 yr old iphone 4 that is in mint condition because it has spent its whole life in an Otter Box. Plus they have a clip on the back so you can attach the phone to the metal lip above the sun visor or some other convenient location.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I have the same phone and cover but my screen still cracked. Screen film keeps it together. Otter boxes are great but will not protect phones from all drops.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have the same phone and cover but my screen still cracked. Screen film keeps it together. Otter boxes are great but will not protect phones from all drops.
Ive dropped my note 2 more times than I can count. If you have the otter box that has the rubber shell it wont crack your phone. I got arm band for mine that I put it in so most of the time it don't drop on like concrete cause it usually stays on my arm.

Ouch

[quot="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1306972, member: 12570"]Which part of "I don't call my pickups" do you not understand?

I have added you to the list of the simpleminded that I have on ignore.[/quote]
That Is suppose to bother me how? You are the one who said you call the dentist office if you don't have anything for them on Friday to see if they have anything going out so they can start their weekend early. I was just quoting you from a previous post. Not making it up its on the thread about setting up meet points for driver helpers. Simple minded or not you have resorted to name calling and all I'm doing is quoting you from a previous post. Ignore me all you want. Just a fact that you stated.

OPTION3

[quot="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1306972, member: 12570"]Which part of "I don't call my pickups" do you not understand?

I have added you to the list of the simpleminded that I have on ignore.
That Is suppose to bother me how? You are the one who said you call the dentist office if you don't have anything for them on Friday to see if they have anything going out so they can start their weekend early. I was just quoting you from a previous post. Not making it up its on the thread about setting up meet points for driver helpers. Simple minded or not you have resorted to name calling and all I'm doing is quoting you from a previous post. Ignore me all you want. Just a fact that you stated.[/quote]
Just like management……can’t keep their LIES straight