Best phone for package car driving?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have the same phone and cover but my screen still cracked. Screen film keeps it together. Otter boxes are great but will not protect phones from all drops.
They will protect it from a lot of drops that would otherwise break it. They also protect the screen from getting scratched up by dust which is a big issue on rural routes.

oldngray

nowhere special
first-world-problems-18.jpg

Mack Grant

This worked well.
dirty_pay_phone.jpg
This reminded me of a buddy of mine whose now a feeder driver.
Whenever he would get a msg to contact the center he told me he would "drive all over town looking for a pay phone because i refused to use my personal phone to make business calls" this was many years ago but it used to drive the center nuts when they tried to contact him.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I just write on the bulkhead door.

So our newest truck must have come from you...gate codes, phone#s, known COD's, Known closed, and about 18 stops that have "hot women to get a sig from". No kidding either! Whomever had this truck wrote all over the truck like a graffiti artist inking a wall.

Indecisi0n

So our newest truck must have come from you...gate codes, phone#s, known COD's, Known closed, and about 18 stops that have "hot women to get a sig from". No kidding either! Whomever had this truck wrote all over the truck like a graffiti artist inking a wall.

Everything except the hot women part...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
isn't that considered vandalizing or damaging ups property? I was called into a meeting with my center manager amd division manager my first year at ups and was told I could be fired (was knocked down to a verbal warning). I was loading several leaf springs into a truck...one of them had a metal bar on the top that swiveled...and smashed my finger, so out of anger i tossed the spring onto the floor..and it gouged a nice size hole into the truck floor...lol. I could've hidden it with a package but I reported it to my sup..and after the sort...was called up to the office.

oldngray

nowhere special
isn't that considered vandalizing or damaging ups property? I was called into a meeting with my center manager amd division manager my first year at ups and was told I could be fired (was knocked down to a verbal warning). I was loading several leaf springs into a truck...one of them had a metal bar on the top that swiveled...and smashed my finger, so out of anger i tossed the spring onto the floor..and it gouged a nice size hole into the truck floor...lol. I could've hidden it with a package but I reported it to my sup..and after the sort...was called up to the office.

The floor on the new package cars is very easy to punch holes in. My last package car's floor was full of dents and had a couple of small holes. The leaf spring isn't going to break before the floor does but managers can get anal about silly things like that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The floor on the new package cars is very easy to punch holes in. My last package car's floor was full of dents and had a couple of small holes. The leaf spring isn't going to break before the floor does but managers can get anal about silly things like that.
Well, at the time...this is going back a few years...it was a brand new 1000...lol. I reported it because I didn't want the driver to get blamed for something I did.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well, at the time...this is going back a few years...it was a brand new 1000...lol. I reported it because I didn't want the driver to get blamed for something I did.

One time when I was preloading I tossed a roll of fabric into an almost full package car, on top of the stack in the middle. It bounced off all the way into cab and knocked out the windshield. I just told a sup and they didn't do anything to me about it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One time when I was preloading I tossed a roll of fabric into an almost full package car, on top of the stack in the middle. It bounced off all the way into cab and knocked out the windshield. I just told a sup and they didn't do anything to me about it.
Nice! Management doesn't enforce it, but the UPS rule is when PC's are being loaded, the bulkhead door is supposed to remain closed...maybe that's why? lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How much time was wasted transferring the load to another pkg car?

rod

Retired 22 years
Nice! Management doesn't enforce it, but the UPS rule is when PC's are being loaded, the bulkhead door is supposed to remain closed...maybe that's why? lol

Bulkhead door closed while loading? Hell----sometimes for my first few stops my cab was so full of packages I had to move a few every time I shifted.