Best pick ups of the week

Rack em

Made the Podium
Either Monday or Tuesday I did a sweep at a UPS store and there was a padded envelope with orientation stickers pointing up and an orm-d sticker on the front and on the back the orientation stickers were pointing to the side. I dont know what was worse, the arrows going to different ways or the fact they put orientation arrows on a padded envelope.

And a construction company sent a 2DA envelope to a business less than a mile away. Why not either just hand deliver it or at the very least just sent it ground because its gonna be there the next day anyways haha.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Frigid, as a supervisor what would you say if a driver picked up one of these packages and delivered it the same day? I assume its frowned upon because they arent paying for some special same day delivery?

Either Monday or Tuesday I did a sweep at a UPS store and there was a padded envelope with orientation stickers pointing up and an orm-d sticker on the front and on the back the orientation stickers were pointing to the side. I dont know what was worse, the arrows going to different ways or the fact they put orientation arrows on a padded envelope.

And a construction company sent a 2DA envelope to a business less than a mile away. Why not either just hand deliver it or at the very least just sent it ground because its gonna be there the next day anyways haha.
I have several pick ups that I pick up nothing. Those are kinda cool.

ManInBrown

I have several pick ups that I pick up nothing. Those are kinda cool.
Same here. Half of my less than 8 pickups cancel everyday. Gotta love smart pickups. The few that do ship daily send out less then 5 packages per day. I'll take a route with no pickup volume and heavy deliveries anyday over a route with less deliveries and 40 pickups. Ever single day I know exactly what I am getting into. The work on the truck. Pickups are the unknown. So and so has 300 going out today. Can you swing by early? Ughhh.

Same here. Half of my less than 8 pickups cancel everyday. Gotta love smart pickups. The few that do ship daily send out less then 5 packages per day. I'll take a route with no pickup volume and heavy deliveries anyday over a route with less deliveries and 40 pickups. Ever single day I know exactly what I am getting into. The work on the truck. Pickups are the unknown. So and so has 300 going out today. Can you swing by early? Ughhh.
Mine aren't smart and I love going and picking up nothing.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Frigid, as a supervisor what would you say if a driver picked up one of these packages and delivered it the same day? I assume its frowned upon because they arent paying for some special same day delivery?
I would take it case by case. Like that courthouse one, I would have no problem with you delivering it same day if you were there.

Think of it this way. If I require you to bring it back to the center I have an unloader taking it out and putting it on the belt. It's then going into the smalls sort where it's sorted and then bagged for preload the next day. When preload starts the next day I need someone to unbag it, spa it, and then a loader to put it in the car. So instead of paying only you to touch it, it's now being touched by at least 6 people. Then say they don't get deliveries daily(it's a courthouse so I'm assuming this isn't true, but you never know with small counties), I'm paying you again to go back out there tomorrow to deliver it tomorrow. You may have just saved me miles and a stop tomorrow by delivering it then.

I doubt corporate loves the idea, but I'm all for making it easier on local sort, preload, and the driver if I can do it.

yeldarb

I picked up a next day air on my route and it was going to a pick up that I was doing later. I delivered it, it showed up late and I got talked to. Late? My ass. It's a day early!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I picked up a next day air on my route and it was going to a pick up that I was doing later. I delivered it, it showed up late and I got talked to. Late? My ass. It's a day early!
I had a NDA amazon box yesterday that said Saturday delivery on it. It was already late since it was a 10:30 commit and it was already 11:10. As my jumper was helping me sort the air I said "Well that one's already late, oh well" To which he responded "How can it be late when its only Friday?"