best position

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by christian c, Aug 21, 2009.

1. christian c

christian c New Member

If you could choose any hourly position on any shift what would it be (besides driving, talking about in a hub/center). I imagine small sort is pretty easy.

2. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

I always liked the Cowgirl position!!!!! but i have seen many in movies which I can no longer preform !!!:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

3. BrownEvo

BrownEvo New Member

If it's small sort involving dumping out mixed bags then that's the PD I'd like to work in.

4. hdtvtechno

hdtvtechno New Member

5. City Driver

City Driver New Member

well the title made me think that was gonna be a whole different thread...

6. christian c

christian c New Member

sorry to disappoint:happy2:

7. smokey711

smokey711 Member

Full-Time Inside. Sorter. Driver pay, 8hr guarantee each day, and guaranteed to get kicked out at 8hrs to keep you off of OT :)

8. evilleace

evilleace Member

Anything FT inside if its pt then the spa position is easy but one of the most boring things ever.

9. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

without a doubt, inside fulltime.

10. things2auction

things2auction New Member

Unload in my building... hands down.

Why?

Because **** runs down hill, not up. lol

11. christian c

christian c New Member

At my hub we do not have a belt that runs down the boxline for loaders to pick off from to load package cars. Instead we have a massive carousel that runs down the boxline with different colored metal cages 3 levels high. every fifth cage on each level contains packages for 3 routes for a specific loader. for example, I am bottom yellow. Do other hubs use this? The people that sort and load the cages seem to have it pretty easy. We just say they work on "top slide"

12. evilleace

evilleace Member

we have a primary belt that feeds three other belts but sorting is tough work condiering everything has to go over your head.

13. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I'd want a 22.3 job that consists of PM Air/Smalls. Picking up drop boxes and the UPS Store and then working in smalls would be sweet.

14. feeder53

feeder53 ADKtrails

I would have to stay in feeders.....

15. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

That's true, it's boring but easy, I'm already inside/inside. I'm good with it.

16. evilleace

evilleace Member

Yes it is very easy but after 9 months I was about to go nuts. So I switched to preloading.

17. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I would get out of pkg and go to feeder if I could.

18. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Lol I preloaded for 7 years, that was enough for me.

19. Solidarity413

Solidarity413 New Member

Around here we still have some 22.2's I'd take one of those. Sort-Sort That'd be SWEET!

20. Mike23

Mike23 Guest

I always liked right field because of the tail the ball took off of a right handed batter's bat...That is what we're talking about, right? ;)