Best PT job?

browntroll

the janitors in our hub dont do anything, i just see them hanging out talking. they might sweep for a little bit but
everyday the hub is just as dusty as it was the previous day, messes with my allergies>:(. i believe they are called porters
but different union and pay rate. i left a cup of coffee its been in the same place for 3 days.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Mine. The only things I could use to make my job any easier would be air conditioning and a nice comfy office chair to sit in while i wait for my forever bags fill up. :)

Mason3000

PT Air Driver @ $27.24 per hour, full benefits, partial pension & zero wear 'n' tear on the body. Our local hubs are short handed so we frequently get the opportunity to drive ground @ full ground scale $34.50 (?) p/h. Especially during peak, ground is available every day, so we can pick & choose to do it when it suits us. As a bonus, the second we touch ground, all our early air hours from that morning convert to full ground pay retroactively. We have some abusers who will commit to drive ground, get there, take 25 packages and call it a day just to retroactively turn their early air hours into ground pay. On top of that, by the time we're done with early air & out to the ground hubs it's usually 10-10:30 at least. We normally get back in about 4:30-5pm. That means any hours past 2pm are time and a half, or around $52 p/h. You can make this kind of money as a full time driver of course, but the beauty of part time air is being able to say "no" if you like & to drive ground solely on your terms.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Easiest job our center has is an air driver/shuttle driver. They get paid top air driver wage to just shuttle air to drivers and only deliver air if the driver (mainly extended drivers) need the help. It's a solid 6+ hours a day of just windshield time.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
So what happens if and when UPS goes to Saturday ground. Are you guys still gonna be able to make the kind of money you are now without working Saturday? Will you be forced to go fulltime?

So what happens if and when UPS goes to Saturday ground. Are you guys still gonna be able to make the kind of money you are now without working Saturday? Will you be forced to go fulltime?
If you read the post carefully you will see that shuttling misloads around and helping on heavy ground days are M-friend and Saturday ground should not effect the extra work.