Best Superbowl Commercial ever! I SAID EVER!

bbsam

Staff member
Monday, February 6, 2012 @ 7:32 pm | Clint Eastwood: “I Am Certainly Not Politically Affiliated With Mr. Obama”…

Not all that surprising, Eastwood leans to the right, has previously said he’s “no fan” of Obama and is on record as opposing the auto bailout.
Via Fox Nation:
Following the fall out over the controversial Chrysler Super Bowl halftime ad, Clint Eastwood spoke exclusively with O’Reilly Factor producer Ron Mitchell:

“I just want to say that the spin stops with you guys, and there is no spin in that ad. On this I am certain.
l am certainly not politically affiliated with Mr. Obama. It was meant to be a message about just about job growth and the spirit of America.
I think all politicians will agree with it. I thought the spirit was OK.

I am not supporting any politician at this time.

Chrysler to their credit didn’t even have cars in the ad.

Anything they gave me for it went for charity.
Can I assume, therefore, that there are those like Mr. Eastwood who "lean to the right" and can unequivocally say that the American economy has indeed turned around? Because I must say, your optimism (even in the ability of the nation to survive) to this point has been noticably lacking.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm busy observing and not being swayed by one stat in one month....it does not a trend make. ....which is why I question when the formulas for figuring things suddenly change. Time will tell.

Looks like Eastwood was into the American spirit thing........and probably had some input from Eminem to persuade him to do it. I

'm optimistic that America will do well "in spite" of Obama's 'learning on the job'........I've always been proud of America unlike the FLOTUS. I'm proud to see our flag and the ceremony that happens with it......unlike the FLOTUS who mouthed, "all this for a flag?"

The Dems. will surely use the ad for Obama's campaign. Clint didn't vote for Obama in '08. The fact that Clint came out to do a story about his intent the day after the game, tells me he didn't realize the ad sounded political by some.

I'll have optimism when I see a real trend. We just got past a holiday season. A lot of numbers in many areas still reflect "seasonal" things.

Where will all the numbers be in March & April......? For Obama's sake, he better hope they show improvement or they'll have to do some creative accounting again. (that's not an accusation, they changed the formula for figuring the unemployment # for this past number that showed slight improvement)

However, lots of people just give up looking and their 99 weeks have run out........these folks aren't figured in at all. Truth be told, the rate is probably closer to 11% today. It's 12.6% in Vegas.

Time will tell!

bbsam

Staff member
There are trends. Slow but steady trends. And what Eastwood did is one of the best aspects about America. We stand together or we fall together. The party that can get that positive message to the American public will win, doesn't sound like Rove and other republicans are interested in carrying that message.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Repeating the same Dire remarks from right wing tv host on fox will not suffice for information. This very morning on fox business channel, ELAINE CHOW discredited your claim that the calculations were changed as reported by fox news. She said it would be impossible to do. She also explained the "growth" in the labor force which she explained changes every month because new people enter the workforce and NOT because they dont have jobs because they were in the workforce before.

She credits the administration for growth and will only say that it is slow as compared to other recoveries, and we all know that. ELAINE CHOW by the way was President Bush's labor secretary. While the host tried to get her to say that OBAMA changed the calculations, she had to correct stewart blarney by telling him that it was impossible to do that.

Again, right wing talking points meets FACTS and the FACTS won.

( i think ima write a song about that!)

Americans should be proud of the recovery, no matter how fast its going, and those who cheer for the collapse of the nation should be ashamed of themselves.

Peace.

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There are trends. Slow but steady trends. And what Eastwood did is one of the best aspects about America. We stand together or we fall together. The party that can get that positive message to the American public will win, doesn't sound like Rove and other republicans are interested in carrying that message.

Great point. ROVE just last night tried to come out and HATE on the commercial. Its sad that the right wing of this country spent all day yesterday on the radio and tv trying to nuetralize the message of that commercial. They brought out all the talking heads to try and diminish the ad, and that reflects the power of the message.

What are the republicans afraid of? A unified populace?

Of course. Thats the last thing the republican operators want, a positive unified message that speaks to all people equally.

Peace.

TOS

island1fox

Any very "RICH" person that claims all the proceeds for the ad or whatever went to charity mean nothing. The huge donation is turned into a huge tax deduction.

Clint did not tell us everything when he said it was just halftime and the second half was about to begin ---with China holding the ball and 15 trillion points ahead !!!

Thank you Jay Leno --very funny !!

bbsam

Staff member
Any very "RICH" person that claims all the proceeds for the ad or whatever went to charity mean nothing. The huge donation is turned into a huge tax deduction.

Clint did not tell us everything when he said it was just halftime and the second half was about to begin ---with China holding the ball and 15 trillion points ahead !!!

Thank you Jay Leno --very funny !!
So...you are voting against America? Good campaign strategy for republicans there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So...you are voting against America? Good campaign strategy for republicans there.
Just want a new quarterback for the 2nd half!! Somebody fresh who can get the job done. Someone who won't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results!!

bbsam

Staff member
Yes,
They can be sent into the game when the first string has failed and bring you to the playoffs --can any say second string Tebow ??
See post #34. Anybody believe Tebow would have seen the field if the Broncos had been winning?