best way to buy ups socks

705red

Browncafe Steward
Imagine if all of our shippers decided to use FedEx because they where cheaper, which they are in many cases. We would not make what we make yearly. So now you take that money and you spend it at Walmart who pays there emmployees crap wages, long hours forced to work through breaks and put local ma and pa shops out of business.

Its worth spending a little more elsewhere than promoting what Walmart does! IMO

ideliver2u67

20 Down
I live in a very small town, and unfortunatly that is all we have. Our closest stores are around 20 miles away, and being sensible it is our best option. I myself dont like WAL-MART, but my wife does do most of our shopping there. She is actually the one who started buying my socks there, so I gotta go with it. I know we should be supporting others, but times are tough here too.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wouldnt mind paying good $$ for a decent pair of socks, but the ones UPS wants us to wear are made in China. The quality of the newer ones is very poor. And, we have to pay full price for shipping instead of having them delivered "house mail" to the center like the uniforms are.

I refuse to shop at Mal-Wart, but I will keep wearing white socks underneath my 20 yr old worn out brown ones.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm pretty sure $25 for 6 pair is not going to bankrupt anyone working at UPS.

True enough, but there are a lot of other things I would rather spend $25 on than brown work socks....especially when the uniform that I am wearing them with is a cheap, ill-fitting, Chinese-made POS.

UPS made the business decision to go cheap on the uniforms. I'm just following their lead.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
True enough, but there are a lot of other things I would rather spend $25 on than brown work socks....especially when the uniform that I am wearing them with is a cheap, ill-fitting, Chinese-made POS.

UPS made the business decision to go cheap on the uniforms. I'm just following their lead.
+1

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Your right I could afford the $25 bucks, but its just the point. I have tried to order clothes through UPS and all I hear is " I cant do it this month cause we are already over our budget for clothes." I just turned in 2 pairs of shorts last month, and was told it might be not till june when they can get me new ones. ***!!! Do they want us wearing worn out stuff with holes in them. We have guys still wearing shirts with the old logos, cause they cant get new ones.

How about the guys who have white undershirts that are basically yellow because of being 10 years old.....oh well

satellitedriver

I only wear the official UPS socks and a sport sock underneath.
The "official" socks start changing color after several washings.
This Friday, I looked down and saw my leg was a darker shade of brown than my socks.
-(and I am an older "white guy")-
It is only May and my left side UPS tan is showing the contrast of that weird shade of yellow,green and brown that our socks now have after a few washings.
Very professional look, with my polished black shoes.

NOT.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Overall, I think the best way to buy UPS socks is through the DESPP (Discounted Employee Sock Purchase Program).
Check on UPSers.com

SWORDFISH

I live in a very small town, and unfortunatly that is all we have. Our closest stores are around 20 miles away, and being sensible it is our best option. I myself dont like WAL-MART, but my wife does do most of our shopping there. She is actually the one who started buying my socks there, so I gotta go with it. I know we should be supporting others, but times are tough here too.

I tell my honey I dont shop at wall mart and she avoids wallmart. I guess I wear the sox in the relationship :peaceful:

satellitedriver

This sock thing is getting weird, on a personal basis.
Yesterday, the driver that drops my trailer told me that young girls asked him how to get UPS socks.
He said they were for UPS employees only, then they asked him if he wore UPS underwear.
Wisely, he just smiled and moved on. He told that he felt he was being setup.
The same day I was asked by teenage girls at the local High School if I could get them UPS socks.
I said, no,
and as I walked away I heard one of them say;
"I wonder if he wears UPS underwear."
At this point it is just a funny coincidence.
Then,
I was delivering to a 70yr old woman later in the day and she said that she liked my UPS socks.
She then winked and smiled at me and asked if I wore UPS underwear.

On my honor, this is was what happened in one day.

Is there some blog out there about UPS socks and underwear?
At my age, I am flattered by the attention, but, I see a pattern.
Maybe it is just Springtime, and everyone is horny.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've been pulled aside a few time about my sicks cause i refuse to wear the UPS logo socks. I wear a small black ankle sock that is barely seen in my shoe. I have just told them if they want to require me to wear a particular item than they should provide it for me. Also, I had remember seeing in the policy ook that you are to wear black or brown socks, not UPS specific. Anything else that they force yu to wear they provide. At least with shoes and optional t-shirts, you have choices.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok, you triggered this from the TV of my youth (Black & White of course).....

Mr. Jing-a-Ling,
How you ting-a-ling,
Keeper of the keys.

On Halle's 7th floor
we'll be looking for
you to turn the keys.