Best way to get into Management

Brown_Star

Methods Man
What big money drivers are you talking about and what big money.

You have to apply for Ft management position each year they send you a letter in the mail to put your paperwork in if you want to. Most drivers have no intention of want to be a FT SUP. Most are comfortable doing what they doing and don't want to take on the responsibility of being a SUP, don't have the skills to be one or wanted to be one but could pass the assessment...

Lol

Oh boy ...I have the skills and would run circles around entire management team! Smh

Good luck to you in the first of the year.....

PT Sup looking to go full-time here. I let my business manager know I'm looking to make the jump to full time and he told me after you get your driving experience in, it pretty much boils down to education to determine who gets the promotion. My guess is you'll be golden with a Master's no matter what it's in.

Let's be honest, not many degrees teach you how to supervise drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

PT Sup looking to go full-time here. I let my business manager know I'm looking to make the jump to full time and he told me after you get your driving experience in, it pretty much boils down to education to determine who gets the promotion. My guess is you'll be golden with a Master's no matter what it's in.

Let's be honest, not many degrees teach you how to supervise drivers.

I would think a degree in Early Childhood Education would suffice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Extremely rare that the woman pays the man.

That's not what I meant.

Divorce is not necessarily a government sanctioned sentence of debt for men nor is it necessarily a government sanctioned pay day for women.

I was separated in 1996 and divorced in 1998. We worked hard to make sure that the divorce was fair for both of us. Yes, I lost half of my 401k and will lose 16% of my pension, but I have more than regained what I lost in my 401k (well, until last week :( ) and have fully paid off my share of the marital debt.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's not what I meant.

Divorce is not necessarily a government sanctioned sentence of debt for men nor is it necessarily a government sanctioned pay day for women.

I was separated in 1996 and divorced in 1998. We worked hard to make sure that the divorce was fair for both of us. Yes, I lost half of my 401k and will lose 16% of my pension, but I have more than regained what I lost in my 401k (well, until last week :( ) and have fully paid off my share of the marital debt.
Sounds like she got a nice "payday" to me

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like she got a nice "payday" to me

The 401k was funded to that point with our money and the 16% was 2% for each of the 8 years that we were married while I worked at UPS, which is the way NY calculates pension allocation for divorces. It is only fair that she receive an equitable portion of both.

Holydriver

You're an idiot.
for pointing out your idiocy? thanks. but you proved my point exactly. NY state law apparently dictated that your wife was entitely to 2% of your pension for each year you were married. that seems to be exactly what i was talking about...a government sanctioned pay day for her

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

for pointing out your idiocy? thanks. but you proved my point exactly. NY state law apparently dictated that your wife was entitely to 2% of your pension for each year you were married. that seems to be exactly what i was talking about...a government sanctioned pay day for her

It is a benefit that she would have been entitled to had we remained married so it is only fair that she receive a portion of it when I retire.

Ms.PacMan

Isnt it a shame how a divorce for a man is a government sanctioned sentence of debt while its a government sanctioned pay day for women?

The drivers in my bldg who lost half their pensions had stay at home wives. That was their choice as a couple.

Or if the couple is spending both salaries and relying on a pension for retirement - again their choice.

The drivers who had wives with careers and also saved for retirement did not lose any of their pensions.

Holydriver

The drivers in my bldg who lost half their pensions had stay at home wives. That was their choice as a couple.

Or if the couple is spending both salaries and relying on a pension for retirement - again their choice.

The drivers who had wives with careers and also saved for retirement did not lose any of their pensions.
fact- divorce in america. or the entire western world, leave men in ruin and women reaping all the reward. child custody, alimony, separation of assets, so on and so forth. men get bent over and receive the hot beef injection