Best way to take off

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Around here unassigned FT driver = swing driver. PT driver = cover driver. We don't have casuals as you call them, except seasonal ones for peak.

Indecisi0n

I don't understand why you guys even give excuses over the phone. When you call out you say "I'm sick". When they ask what's wrong your response is "I'm sick". End of discussion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The proper way to do it is to call up and say I'm taking my self out of service for personal reasons. Ill call you back when I'm coming back. Click

This is not an option where I work---we can't simply "book off" and "book on". If we are sick we need to call in each and every day up to 3 days----if we are going to be out for 3 days or more we need to have a doctor's note or other documentation.

Big Babooba

Agree with that. Don't get caught in a lie saying you're sick when you're not. All you need is to run into your center manager when you're down the pub drinking that day.

ALSO, haven't checked into this yet, but I was told by management the other day that if you ask for an optional and are denied...... if you then bang in - they won't pay you.
This tells me you should just bang in. You think you're doing the right thing by asking first, but as usual they will turn around and stick it up your butt if you do.
​Dumb, dumb, dumb.....

Get a prescription from your doctor. What can they say if you're there taking your medicine?

BrownArmy

In this area, unassigned FT drivers are cover drivers - the bid is called FT cover.

PT seasonal drivers are called casuals.

Call someone a 'swing' driver around here, you're going to get a strange look.