Best way to use map efficiently without wasting time.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just curious, rather than sit back and criticize, have you ever stepped up to try to make a difference?
I was briefly involved many years ago but it very quickly became apparent to me that there was no point in wasting my time. I wanted to address actual safety issues; they wanted to recite acronyms and hand out water bottles and doughnuts. The grievance procedure is a far more effective took for addressing safety issues than a committee comprised mostly of peoe who (a) have their letter in for management or (b) would rather color posters in the office than deliver packages out in the rain and cold.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Our safety committee has little credibility in my eyes because the will only address what management wants them to address. Anything that would cost money such as reflective vests or small first aid kits get shot down but coming up with a new acronym for the DOK is just dandy.

Ghost in the Darkness

Best way is to buy the county map(s) of the area you are working. Also get a good regional map that shows all the roads. Make copies of delivery area you are working in and put them in clear plastic binder pages. Pull them out and add number breaks... use a clip board for when you need to take a quick glance. That way you can just leave it on the dashboard. Store the pages in a binder for any new route you learn and you will have a great resource for covering routes.