Bible-Thumping Zealots On The BC

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know I'm not the most popular guy on this site, but I'm getting tired of a couple of "God Squad" members tossing God into every topic in site. I'm cool with you being one of God's buddies, but please don't inject Him (reverent capitals) into stuff where He (more reverence) doesn't belong.

I like Christians, and sometimes I even think I believe too, but I can't stand "HypoChristians, the hypocrite born-agains who talk the talk and don't walk the walk. Talk about turning people off on religion. Stay off my doorstep and out of discussions where God has absolutely freaking NOTHING to do with the topic. BLESS YOU!!!

DS

Fenderbender
Mr fedex...GOD forgives you for this self serving unnecessary rant.
Don't get me wrong,a lot of us have our own idea about the big guy,but you make it sound like the bc is overrun by bible quoting hypocrites.
quote: (I like Christians, and sometimes I even think I believe too) eh? hypocrite?
A lot of folks here have good reasons to believe what they believe.
Of all the things to start a thread about,and I've started a lot of silly ones,this is a new low.Were you bored? Just trying to piss people off?
Jesus.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's something you get used to in the US, I have evangelical friends and lots of evangelicals on my route so I'm used to hearing about how the lord has blessed us with another good day, god bless you, etc. If I let it get under my skin I'd have been in the nuthouse long ago :happy-very:.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well you can always stay in the Fedex forum. I'm sure they never do that there.

I posted this because several persons insist on inserting God into most discussions. You come after me for discussing the political implications of pedophiles on the UPS Pilot/Molester thread, which was in response to someone else's post (bbsam). When several of you took the thread in a religious direction, I didn't throw a fit....I just went with it because that's what threads are supposed to do. They wander all over the place, and if they get too far afield a moderator will either move the topic or kill the thread.

It's interesting that I respect your right to take the thread somewhere else. Once again, I ask you (or a mod) to review the thread. I didn't hijack it or try to change it from it's original subject..the perv pilot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mr fedex...GOD forgives you for this self serving unnecessary rant.
Don't get me wrong,a lot of us have our own idea about the big guy,but you make it sound like the bc is overrun by bible quoting hypocrites.
quote: (I like Christians, and sometimes I even think I believe too) eh? hypocrite?
A lot of folks here have good reasons to believe what they believe.
Of all the things to start a thread about,and I've started a lot of silly ones,this is a new low.Were you bored? Just trying to piss people off?
Jesus.

GOD forgives you for being wrong about my intentions. Christ had some wonderful ideas and principles....it's certain Christians who twist what he said to suit their own needs. The fact that I don't believe fully doesn't make me a hypocrite, it just means I'm not fully convinced. See the difference?

I started this thread because one of the Bible-bangers wanted me kicked-off the UPS pilot/molester thread for talking about the political implications of pedophiles. He also accused me of hijacking the thread. My response directly addressed the input of another member (bbsam). The irony is that the thread went very Godly after someone revealed they had been a victim as a child, and that was just fine. Double standard??

Talk about God all you want, but if a thread goes in a different direction (as they almost always do) don't pitch a fit when it doesn't suit your religious or political persuasion. In other words, learn that a discussion/debate means ideas get to be presented from all perspectives.

So, Bible-thumpers, I'm happy to hear all about God if you're smart enough to consider that other people have opinions too. As soon as someone exits your little comfort zones, you fold like a house of cards. What would Jesus do?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I pray that God gives you all the capacity to reason and also understand what a "divergent opininion" means. Does the flock all have to be of one mind? I'll admit I'm not perfect, but some of you apparently think you are. Maybe Jesus wouldn't like that.

I'll read my copy so I understand more instead of thumping it at those dangerous people who have a mind of their own.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's something you get used to in the US, I have evangelical friends and lots of evangelicals on my route so I'm used to hearing about how the lord has blessed us with another good day, god bless you, etc. If I let it get under my skin I'd have been in the nuthouse long ago :happy-very:.

I'm with you. Good strategy. Trying to reason with one is like attempting to talk with your dog....it only goes one-way.

ol'browneye

Check this guy out on you-tube, totally hilarious...and, oh my God (reverence intended), he's Christian, and black! (see other thread)

This clip is called "Oversaved" and I think it fits in with Jones' comments about evangelicals driving him nuts on his route! My favorite line is, "If you don't have anybody in mind that's oversaved, than somebody probably has you in mind."

[video=youtube;Y9v2MIZaShk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9v2MIZaShk[/video]

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
When you or I or anyone else tries to limit the tendency to go off topic for God or any other reason it's like herding cats. Good luck with that. Isn't that the whole point of a forum? If you think some folks are one note Johnnies, no one can protect you from their views. Express yourself and move on. Get over it already.

ol'browneye

I know I'm not the most popular guy on this site, but I'm getting tired of a couple of "God Squad" members tossing God into every topic in site. I'm cool with you being one of God's buddies, but please don't inject Him (reverent capitals) into stuff where He (more reverence) doesn't belong.

I like Christians, and sometimes I even think I believe too, but I can't stand "HypoChristians, the hypocrite born-agains who talk the talk and don't walk the walk. Talk about turning people off on religion. Stay off my doorstep and out of discussions where God has absolutely freaking NOTHING to do with the topic. BLESS YOU!!!

I read that whole thread and I believe God was mentioned 3, maybe 4 times. But I don't believe that in any way, shape or form were the posters trying to hijack the thread or move it in another direction. If you took it that way you do have some serious issues with your beliefs. Or you were just mad that you were called out for trying to hijack the thread yourself! Either way, get over it and move on.

Funny thing about this thread you started about Bible-thumpers: I believe you have just mentioned God and Jesus more in one thread than I've ever noticed anybody else ever has!

D

Dis-organized Labor

I'm with you. Good strategy. Trying to reason with one is like attempting to talk with your dog....it only goes one-way.

Are you sure?
Why are you so anti-religion or anti-people-wanting-to-bring-religion-into-their-posts-etc???
Why do you have such a strong "opinion" on God??

BTW.
My dogs are really pretty smart. Others frequently comment on how they seem to understand and reply to words from me. They also bow their little heads when we pray.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I read that whole thread and I believe God was mentioned 3, maybe 4 times. But I don't believe that in any way, shape or form were the posters trying to hijack the thread or move it in another direction. If you took it that way you do have some serious issues with your beliefs. Or you were just mad that you were called out for trying to hijack the thread yourself! Either way, get over it and move on.

Funny thing about this thread you started about Bible-thumpers: I believe you have just mentioned God and Jesus more in one thread than I've ever noticed anybody else ever has!

First, I didn't hijack the thread. As I've explained, I simply responded to a response from another poster (bbsam). And since this thread is about God and Jesus, wouldn't it be logical that those names would come-up frequently?

Second, it's "OK" when one of the God Squad take the thread in the holy direction, and not OK when someone else does it?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Are you sure?
Why are you so anti-religion or anti-people-wanting-to-bring-religion-into-their-posts-etc???
Why do you have such a strong "opinion" on God??

BTW.
My dogs are really pretty smart. Others frequently comment on how they seem to understand and reply to words from me. They also bow their little heads when we pray.

I have a strong opinion on God because so many Christians are hypocrites, and so completely intolerant of other religious or spiritual viewpoints. I know one evangelical minister who claims that he can "levitate" when he really gets into God...literally. Isn't that kind of strange? Or how about the "prosperity Christians" who say God wants them to have a BMW and a 15,000sf home instead of helping starving people in the Third World. We have one local minister who had God "tell" him to buy a helicopter to fly between his mega-churches, where he also preaches the gospel of prosperity. Wasn't Jesus an extremely poor carpenter who didn't have much use for riches?

Like I said, Christ is fine, it's what his "believers" do with his words that is disturbing.

My dog is really religious too, but he's Jewish, so according to his buddies, he isn't "saved" and his doggy soul won't go to pet heaven. Go figure.