Bible-Thumping Zealots On The BC

satellitedriver

Are the green letters a part of your "Martian" persona? Instead of tossing insults, why don't you apply some our your genius intellect and give us your input? Bill Bixby and Ray Walston would both say it's OK.
Please post where I have insulted you.
I will banter and debate concepts, but I do not insult directly, as you so freely do.
Well Barnie,
Does FedEx purple make you feel better while I explain the obvious to you.
If I used color to reinforce my Avatar it would be Red. FYI;
Mars is the only red planet.
I post in green to lessen the sting,and it goes well with my eyes.
Yes, by IQ tests I am classified as a genius, but I do not believe in the tests.
As to my Avatar;
You can blame Blackbox for getting me to think and to create " My Favorite Martian" persona.
In a discussion over diets, he asked what world I was from and the double entendre of my being a satellitedriver and combining it with one of my favorite childhood TV shows just seemed like a natural.
Both, Bill and Ray are with God and I doubt you know what they thought.
All I can really say to you is;
May God bless you.

P

pickup

I posted this because several persons insist on inserting God into most discussions. You come after me for discussing the political implications of pedophiles on the UPS Pilot/Molester thread, which was in response to someone else's post (bbsam). When several of you took the thread in a religious direction, I didn't throw a fit....I just went with it because that's what threads are supposed to do. They wander all over the place, and if they get too far afield a moderator will either move the topic or kill the thread.

It's interesting that I respect your right to take the thread somewhere else. Once again, I ask you (or a mod) to review the thread. I didn't hijack it or try to change it from it's original subject..the perv pilot.

I honestly don't think that Mr. Fedex really hijacked that thread. Just my opinion

As for inserting God into secular things that have nothing to do with God well we don't have to abide by the U.S. Constitution here in Brown cafe. There is no separation of church and state of affairs here. If someone can insert a blessing into a situation via invoking God, let him. If the blessing is ineffective due to the person or if his God doesn't exist or work in that fashion then it has no ill effect, just no effect. If an atheist wants to leave "Dog spelled backwards" out of a post, then that's fine too.

We are not going to agree with each other on a lot of things here. It's a buffet table. Take what and how much of what you like and leave what you don't behind.

I agree with a lot of what you say Mr. Fedex and you made some valid points here too .

People , I don't think Fedex really hijacked that thread. There were a lot of raw emotions in that thread and he might have gotten the brunt of some that.

Anyway God Bless you all and the United States of America(and I'll throw in something else that we don't hear too often) and the rest of the world

Little story, a few years back in the persian gulf war(with George Herbert Walker as Pres), some work buddy suggested that we should pray for our troops. I thought that was a fine thought but I thought it would be even finer that we would pray for the troops on the other side of the war as well for after all we are all God's children. He didn't like that idea too much as you very well may imagine. But theologically, it was more sound than his narrower point of view.

P.S. I would Like to think that all dogs go to heaven for If I end up there, it wouldn't be heaven without dogs.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I honestly don't think that Mr. Fedex really hijacked that thread. Just my opinion

As for inserting God into secular things that have nothing to do with God well we don't have to abide by the U.S. Constitution here in Brown cafe. There is no separation of church and state of affairs here. If someone can insert a blessing into a situation via invoking God, let him. If the blessing is ineffective due to the person or if his God doesn't exist or work in that fashion then it has no ill effect, just no effect. If an atheist wants to leave "Dog spelled backwards" out of a post, then that's fine too.

We are not going to agree with each other on a lot of things here. It's a buffet table. Take what and how much of what you like and leave what you don't behind.

I agree with a lot of what you say Mr. Fedex and you made some valid points here too .

People , I don't think Fedex really hijacked that thread. There were a lot of raw emotions in that thread and he might have gotten the brunt of some that.

Anyway God Bless you all and the United States of America(and I'll throw in something else that we don't hear too often) and the rest of the world

Little story, a few years back in the persian gulf war(with George Herbert Walker as Pres), some work buddy suggested that we should pray for our troops. I thought that was a fine thought but I thought it would be even finer that we would pray for the troops on the other side of the war as well for after all we are all God's children. He didn't like that idea too much as you very well may imagine. But theologically, it was more sound than his narrower point of view.

P.S. I would Like to think that all dogs go to heaven for If I end up there, it wouldn't be heaven without dogs.
Don't forget the cats, we ain't going without our cats!

MrFedEx, can you show one example where anyone, in any thread, tried to shove their religion down your throat? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I haven't seen any evidence in this happening.
I don't remember any references of God in any of the discussions on labor relations or union issues either.... Just where are the Zealots that you speak of?

wkmac

Cats are the devil's handmaidens, they are not going to heaven.

WHAT! NO pusillanimous IN HEAVEN?

That's it, I ain't going. friend* this religious BS.
:wink2:

FedEx,
:thumbup: for having the guts to say it! BTW for a huge laugh, go to Youtube and type in Benny Hinn let the bodies hit the floor. It's a headbanging scream!

Steve,
You are correct, hypocrites are everywhere. The common term they are known by is humans.
:wink2:

wkmac

You have revealed yourself to be a bad person. I am putting you on my list.

Calm down Jones, you and your cats aren't going to heaven as no one is. Our cells will break down together and be compost for a tree. I'm hoping for a marijuana patch myself!
:happy-very:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe, you should "pull out" a dictionary and look up the meaning of a thesaurus, before you use it in a sentence responding to my post.
I used no synonyms, but in a strange way, you and I are antonyms.
No need for me to pull out something that you squatted and dropped.
All I had to do was not step in it while I passed, yet your smell still lingers in the air.

This isn't an insult? Admit it, you've had a problem with me being on here from the get-go. In the early days, whenever someone would go into attack mode because someone purple was here, you'd be right there backing them up with your own peculiar brand of venom. As a moderator, I expected a somewhat more mature approach on your part. You still can't stand it, and whenever you can, you strike.

Your reference to the "great" Ronald Reagan probably explains a lot about your take on politics, God, and a moderate like myself. It's ironic that someone who works for a unionized company as an hourly reveres an individual who did more than any other President to bring the unions down. Remember PATCO? One would think a "genius" would see the logical disconnect there, but apparently not. Your even belonging to a union goes against everything Reagan believed in. That clown helped destroy the middle class and did everything possible to take care of his rich friends in the defense industry. And you worship the guy.

Keep on insulting me. and I'll keep right on taking you to the woodshed for your daily intellectual "beating". By the way, "Barnie" spells his name B-A-R-N-E-Y. One would think a big fan like you would know that. Keep trying...

wkmac

That's all a matter of your opinion WK... some know that you are wrong

Wrong is in the eye of the beholder. Some of us just choose a different way.

But then did you ever consider that much more than you might realize came out of Egypt with the hyksos or as you know them Israelites? Not to mention the Alexandrian influence on Judean life post Babylonian period through the early christian era up to Constantine. Could the one god concept have actually come to the hyksos via the Egyptian influence? As opposed to the polytheism culture from which Abraham came and from which we get our creation and great flood stories of the bible.

Maybe where you see the "hand of God" others just see the hand of men!

This isn't an insult? Admit it, you've had a problem with me being on here from the get-go. In the early days, whenever someone would go into attack mode because someone purple was here, you'd be right there backing them up with your own peculiar brand of venom. As a moderator, I expected a somewhat more mature approach on your part. You still can't stand it, and whenever you can, you strike.

Your reference to the "great" Ronald Reagan probably explains a lot about your take on politics, God, and a moderate like myself. It's ironic that someone who works for a unionized company as an hourly reveres an individual who did more than any other President to bring the unions down. Remember PATCO? One would think a "genius" would see the logical disconnect there, but apparently not. Your even belonging to a union goes against everything Reagan believed in. That clown helped destroy the middle class and did everything possible to take care of his rich friends in the defense industry. And you worship the guy.

Keep on insulting me. and I'll keep right on taking you to the woodshed for your daily intellectual "beating". By the way, "Barnie" spells his name B-A-R-N-E-Y. One would think a big fan like you would know that. Keep trying...
Clearly you haven't read that many of Sat's posts. He is not a great supporter of the union.

You have highjacked this thread, the subject is "Bible-Thumping Zealots On The BC" , get back on topic.

And you are a moderate? Don't think so.

tourists24

Wrong is in the eye of the beholder. Some of us just choose a different way.

Maybe where you see the "hand of God" others just see the hand of men!
Of course I understand that people dont see things eye to eye on this... but your post simply stated no one is going to heaven. I disagree. Thus my response. No matter what your belief is, it is based on faith that it is true. If anyone can "prove" theirs is the "right" one, then congratulations; you will have done something no one has ever been able to do. All you can do is bring your word and hope to get people to agree with you.

I can really go on and on about this issue at length and in many directions, but I dont want to thump my bible.