Bid Has Begun!

over9five

Staff member
Congrats! I think? You are one sick puppy 9.5, from feeder back to package? God speed!

LOL, I'm hearing that a lot.....!

Feeders aint what it used to be. Changed much even in the 2 1/2 years I've been there. And I'm not the only one. We have 4 that I know of that have jumped ship in the bid.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
LOL, I'm hearing that a lot.....!

Feeders aint what it used to be. Changed much even in the 2 1/2 years I've been there. And I'm not the only one. We have 4 that I know of that have jumped ship in the bid.

Well at least you have a route you are comfy with.

I am hearing the company is bringing down feeders from another local from NH and feeders are bumping back into the building. Is this true? Something that already happened back last year when we talked about it and the rumors? Or is this a new thing?

over9five

Staff member
I am hearing the company is bringing down feeders from another local from NH and feeders are bumping back into the building. Is this true? Something that already happened back last year when we talked about it and the rumors? Or is this a new thing?

Yup, we see NH drivers and Lynma drivers doing work that should be done by Chema. They're re-assigning jobs to other buildings. Chema used to have a lot more Feeder jobs than they do now.

I believe they added two jobs for the bid. That plus 4 of us leaving meant 6 of the feeder drivers who had been bumped to Package or inside have made it back into Feeders in the bid.
One shifter guy bumped into Package, and I heard one of the inside top rate guys took the open shifter job.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Whne you bid, does your pay rate change depending on the bid you win? What happens if package and feeder drivers take all the 22.3 bids, where do the 22.3s go?

over9five

Staff member
Whne you bid, does your pay rate change depending on the bid you win? What happens if package and feeder drivers take all the 22.3 bids, where do the 22.3s go?

Yes, pay rate is much less for 22.3.

Like everyone else, they go where their seniority allows.

over9five

Staff member
I know Over has flipped his mind. A bad day in feeders beats a good day in Package any day of the week.

Flipped my mind? It's always been like that!

A bad day as a FEEDER DRIVER beats a good day in Package............. BUT remember I'm a FINO (Feeder In Name Only). I shift 90% of the time and any day in Package is better than any day in a shifter.

705red

Browncafe Steward

A bad day as a FEEDER DRIVER beats a good day in Package............. BUT remember I'm a FINO (Feeder In Name Only). I shift 90% of the time and any day in Package is better than any day in a shifter.

You should start a poll on that! It might show you how looney you are. lol

tourists24

Ok Im ignorant on this part... why is shifting so much worse than package?.... just wondering because the ones who shift here love it. Then again, we are a medium size center here and am sure there is a difference

over9five

Staff member
Ok Im ignorant on this part... why is shifting so much worse than package.... just wondering because the ones who shift here love it. Then again, we are a center here and am sure there is a difference

You're not ignorant, you're right! We have shifters here who love it too. It's just not for me. I hate it, it's the most boring job in the world. Time just CRAWLS when you're in a shifter. Half way thru the night I'm searching for a razor blade so I can just slice my wrists.

tomuchdrama

You're not ignorant, you're right! We have shifters here who love it too. It's just not for me. I hate it, it's the most boring job in the world. Time just CRAWLS when you're in a shifter. Half way thru the night I'm searching for a razor blade so I can just slice my wrists.
that is funny.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We call those 22.2 job also known as unskilled package handlers. you should bid it and then grieve the correct pay rate.

The union agreed to it, so it's something already lost and/ or given away.

there will be several people working two hub shifts for 22.3 rates, and the union will just snicker when the grievances are threatened.

outta hours

Shifting sucks big time. I also have to do it on occasion. I have taken many a pay actual after shifting for 6 hours and no other feeder work is available. Nobody will argue it's easy, just boring. I would rather load/unload trailers than shift.