bid list taken down now what.

LaUpser

There were a few jobs up for bid this past month. 7/1 it went up and came down on 7/31. The two I signed was for a full time and p/t cover driver. my questions are as followed.

1. how long after they take the list down before I would hear something.
2. what is consider p/t cover driver hrs. (out of all the people signed on the p/t I have highest seniority)
3. how many people usually go ft. right now in my building they just did the 6/1 ratio and they are looking for another outside because the one they hired got fired from what I'm hearing.
4. thus refers to number 3. even though the fulltime list was put up is there anyway to find how many they are bringing on ft. because the other day we go 3-4 brand new propane trucks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

There were a few jobs up for bid this past month. 7/1 it went up and came down on 7/31. The two I signed was for a full time and p/t cover driver. my questions are as followed.

1. how long after they take the list down before I would hear something.
2. what is consider p/t cover driver hrs. (out of all the people signed on the p/t I have highest seniority)
3. how many people usually go ft. right now in my building they just did the 6/1 ratio and they are looking for another outside because the one they hired got fired from what I'm hearing.
4. thus refers to number 3. even though the fulltime list was put up is there anyway to find how many they are bringing on ft. because the other day we go 3-4 brand new propane trucks.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Full-time would I think 40 or more hours, part-time would be on an as needed basis which could add up. Did their outside hire make up the 1 in the 6to1 and he was fired? I'm thinking if he worked in your building as a full-time driver, and was a transfer you might have the argument that they filled the 1 of the street and now have to go back inside for the next full-time driver. I take it you were highest seniority on both postings?

LaUpser

I'm highest for pt but not full but in my building the current pt cover drivers are drving everday or at least 4 for sure. yes she was hired ft and worked for maybe 3 weeks roughly. I won't be mad at hours because my current ft job I get paid once a month and I figured it out, If I was to only work 3 days at 8 hrs I would still double my income of my ft. to put in perspective. last peak when I went into drving I made at least 4 months of my fulltime checks in just the 3-4 weeks drving .

Sent using BrownCafe App

LaUpser

my ft sucks and getting worst everyday week. no advance meet and constant bickering between workers. I know it's no better at brown but at least I can make money and see some advancement even if I have to go management

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

I'm highest for pt but not full but in my building the current pt cover drivers are drving everday or at least 4 for sure. yes she was hired ft and worked for maybe 3 weeks roughly. I won't be mad at hours because my current ft job I get paid once a month and I figured it out, If I was to only work 3 days at 8 hrs I would still double my income of my ft. to put in perspective. last peak when I went into drving I made at least 4 months of my fulltime checks in just the 3-4 weeks drving .

Sent using BrownCafe App
Was she a transfer from another building or an off the street that never worked for ups before? I also take it your full time drivers can bid to be cover drivers. Sounds like the money is better than your current job, and more than likely the benefits like a full time pension in the near future is a huge plus. I would take the bid you can get.

LaUpser

She was hired off the street and. yes fulltime can but none sign the list. and yes more money and insurance is way better. And right now for the time I can burn days and the fulltime and time they ask me the drive. I like both jobs but to live and survive in this world it takes green and right now ups is my best out

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

She was hired off the street and. yes fulltime can but none sign the list. and yes more money and insurance is way better. And right now for the time I can burn days and the fulltime and time they ask me the drive. I like both jobs but to live and survive in this world it takes green and right now ups is my best out

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ok so it looks like they will do an off the street again or a transfer to get the 1 in the 6to 1 ratio. Sounds like you want to do the part time cover position. Good luck and be patient. Save your money for the times you don't work if you take it.

LaUpser

Yes I would like to do part time to get more road time and learn more I do sat air now. But working 2 jobs is weighting me down now after 5 years so what ever out I can take I'm all for it

Sent using BrownCafe App

LaUpser

Well last night when I got to work i couldn't answers from my sup. but I did notice and pt to ft pool bid list up. Can anyone tell me what that list about. and can I sign that on also

Sent using BrownCafe App

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you are part time and you want a full time job, then you need to sign this bid sheet. I make it a habit to always look on the Bid Board at least once a week, even though I'm not interested in bidding a new route. There is no telling what may be put up on it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are part time and you want a full time job, then you need to sign this bid sheet. I make it a habit to always look on the Bid Board at least once a week, even though I'm not interested in bidding a new route. There is no telling what may be put up on it.

Can we assume that any talk of retirement has been put on the back burner, at least for now?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well last night when I got to work i couldn't answers from my sup. but I did notice and pt to ft pool bid list up. Can anyone tell me what that list about. and can I sign that on also

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wecant tell yoo nything becauze yore post is mispelled and unpunctuated @

Sent using BrownCafe App

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Can we assume that any talk of retirement has been put on the back burner, at least for now?

I'm still undecided on that. I just keep an eye on the bid board out of habit. I'll tell people if a job or route is posted if I like them, it seems like half the people in my building never look at it. My Preloader wouldn't have signed up as a cover driver if I didn't tell him about the bid sheet, he has been driving my route since June 9. I have never seen a porter job listed and we don't have any 22.3 jobs either. They put a 22.3 bid up one time a few years ago, I don't remember anybody getting hired for it. I'm ready for full duty on the 20th, I hope and can stay out until then.