Bid question

socoz71

I've been Ft for a year now, and just got my very own bid run. Albeit it's a split run that nobody else wanted with a high stop count. I ran it almost everyday while I was coverage, and I'm actually pretty comfortable with it.

Another fellow driver who is just ahead of me seniority wise had the opportunity to be on this route, but chose to bid coverage. Said driver just found out that he's going to be stuck on a satellite run, and is calling for a rebid. Will I get to keep my bid run?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. The other driver had the opportunity to bid on the split run and only wants it now that he may be stuck on the satellite area. Taking your bid from you at this point would be unfair.

UPSGUY72

I've been Ft for a year now, and just got my very own bid run. Albeit it's a split run that nobody else wanted with a high stop count. I ran it almost everyday while I was coverage, and I'm actually pretty comfortable with it.

Another fellow driver who is just ahead of me seniority wise had the opportunity to be on this route, but chose to bid coverage. Said driver just found out that he's going to be stuck on a satellite run, and is calling for a rebid. Will I get to keep my bid run?

He bid a cover job not a specific route just because he has to cover a route he doesn't like doesn't mean he can change his mind an bump a loer seniority driver with a route he would rather due he is stuck with the bid he won until he wins another open bid route or until next annual or biennial building bids.

wayfair

swollen member

If he didn't bid the route within the 10 days the bid was up... sorry, it's yours... Can't call for a rebid unless the bid sheet was taken down early/stolen/disappeared

Do you bid for life in your local or bid for a period of 1or 2 years?

socoz71

We do an annual bid in our center. One of our sups called me Monday morning g while I was on the road running this particular route. He asked me what I wanted to bid on, and said that this run was still open. I told him I would take it, and signed the list after I RTB that night. I'm second from the bottom in friend/t seniority.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Sour Grapes. Where I'm from, lowest cover guy/gal gets forced to cover satellite runs. Speaks volumes of cover guy in question. (Little seniority and less knowledge in the way of things)

Wish him well and tell him you heard Prius' get decent gas mileage. Your bid run is yours... At least until next year.

BrownChoice

With the satellite routes, do you drive your own vehicle there?

I don't think I'd mind, especially if paid mileage.. Thats great money!

Plus, not having to see and deal with other drivers/supes much!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
With the satellite routes, do you drive your own vehicle there?

I don't think I'd mind, especially if paid mileage.. Thats great money!

Plus, not having to see and deal with other drivers/supes much!

Tear you car up. Start your day at 11:00 AM. Get off at 9:45 PM, drive an hour home. Wow. A person couldn't be any luckier if they were were wearing purple to work everyday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Where I'm at if you are forced to cover a satellite you get paid mileage to from building.

"Forced to cover" and being the bid driver are two separate things. The bid driver does not get paid mileage to and from his home as the satellite center is considered his home center. Cover drivers are paid mileage when forced to cover the bid driver's vacations and other days off.

Johney

"Forced to cover" and being the bid driver are two separate things. The bid driver does not get paid mileage to and from his home as the satellite center is considered his home center. Cover drivers are paid mileage when forced to cover the bid driver's vacations and other days off.
The other guy did not bid the satellite route. He bid cover and is being stuck on the satellite route.

upschuck

Long story shortened, when they made me run a satellite run, steward and I walk into the center manager office and informed them that I would be starting from the building, so every time I had to run that route, the tp60 was pulled to the lot, and I loaded the truck there, then left to do route.

I believe it was because the bid I had, had a building start time and place.