Bid question

That's what I meant by post....just rebidding his old route..

I guess if the new bid was in an area a current driver wanted itd make sense...

I've been exploring the possibility of going into package from feeders..I know people think that's crazy but I originally wanted to go into that rather than feeder. Feeders was the quickest way to get my foot in the door fulltime. I don't see myself doing feeders type work in the long run..
Package Is hard on the body and soul.

Overpaid Union Thug

That's what I meant by post....just rebidding his old route..

I guess if the new bid was in an area a current driver wanted itd make sense...

I've been exploring the possibility of going into package from feeders..I know people think that's crazy but I originally wanted to go into that rather than feeder. Feeders was the quickest way to get my foot in the door fulltime. I don't see myself doing feeders type work in the long run..

Wow really? There are bunch of us in my center that would jump at the chance to get into feeders but we are locked out. I do get that some people don't want to work nights though. It sucks.

Wow really? There are bunch of us in my center that would jump at the chance to get into feeders but we are locked out. I do get that some people don't want to work nights though. It sucks.

Yeah...I was cruising down the road this morning with only one car near me who was passing me, I look down and they're on their phone (no surprise) and they merge back over with maybe 5 feet to spare...its that kind of crap that contributes to me wanting a smaller vehicle and speeds, among other things

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So, you are saying that a current full-time package driver that has a bid route can bid on a new full-time package position? That's odd because usually the winning bidder would end up being an unassigned full-time driver and normally comes from the part-time to full-time pool bid. I know that it's possible to bid out of another full-time classification into package. Or even back into it for some people that have been in package before. What I'm confused about is this.....usually a new permanent full-time package position is added because the center needs another driver to cover vacations and overflow. If someone is already a full-time driver and can bid on a new full-time position to come off their bid route then how will the need for an additional driver be met? Sure they'll rebid the route that was just vacated but where will the additional driver (which was the purpose for the bid) come from? I've never seen a full-timer driver sign a bid for a new full-time package position. And most people here follow the rule "sign every bid." You see where I'm going with this? I will be the first to admit that its highly possible that I'm just overthinking this and am confused as a result. LOL
If it's just a cover job, I don't see any current package drivers coming off their bid for a coverage job. But it could be a new bid route added due to volume increase. This particular loop is getting too heavy. Need to add another route into this loop. I could see a package driver possibly wanting this new route and come off his ball buster heavy industrial route.

Eventually, as the package drivers bid the openings created by this new job, there will be an open job when all this is done. It then goes to the highest senior FT employee bidding on it. In the case of the OP, he may not get the new job created, but will eventually get a package job when all the package drivers are done swapping routes.