bid sheet sat. air

mikeny

Service Provider
today i signed the bid sheet for saturday air. very excited, been waiting a long time for this. anyone know about how long until training starts? also what is the starting pay for a sat. air driver?

UPSGUY72

today i signed the bid sheet for saturday air. very excited, been waiting a long time for this. anyone know about how long until training starts? also what is the starting pay for a sat. air driver?

First you have win the bid. Then you need to get a DOT physical and pass a driving test. You might not get any training depending on the area you in.... IF you do get training it could be next week or months from now.

Pay starts at $11.50
seniority $12.50
Seniority + 1 year $13.00
Seniority + 18 months $13.50
Seniority + 24 months Top rate

REad article 40 Section (1) (k) 1, 2 ,3 and Section 6 (a) 1, 2 or just read all of Article 40 and pay attention to where it says PT..

UPSGUY72

Do you need the DOT and driving test if you are only going to drive on Saturday?

IF you driving a UPS vehicle you need to have a DOT card and driving test. Even the mechanics need a DOT physical and get to take a yearly driving test... they even need to know all the safety dribble.

If you got pulled over while driving a package car on Sat buy a Cop they don't care if you PT or FT or just a Sat air driver. But they are going to want to see you DOT card.

mikeny

Service Provider
First you have win the bid. Then you need to get a DOT physical and pass a driving test. You might not get any training depending on the area you in.... IF you do get training it could be next week or months from now.

Pay starts at $11.50
seniority $12.50

REad article 40 Section (1) (k) 1, 2 ,3 and Section 6 (a) 1, 2 or just read all of Article 40 and pay attention to where it says PT..

what do you mean by win it? so i didn't actually get the job yet?

Do you need the DOT and driving test if you are only going to drive on Saturday?

from what i heard, yes.

i was told that driving school is in another city and i spend a week there and they pay for gas and food.

UPSGUY72

what do you mean by win it?

I'm sure you not the only person to bid on the position in order to win it you need to be the person with the most seniority that sign the bid. I also forgot to mention you need to have no moving violation in the last year and no more then 2 in the lat three years.

If you win the bid but can't pass a DOT physical, driving test or have a bad driving record you SOL.

from what i heard, yes.

i was told that driving school is in another city and i spend a week there and they pay for gas and food.

If it's an Air driving pt position your mostly will only be there 2 days. That how it works where I'm at. FT 4 days PT/ casuals 2 days.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
good luck,I hope you get the position!
Training in my center consist of going on the yard and seeing if one can drive a stick. If one can,one is handed a map and told not to have late air

UPSER110

When I got the sat air job almost a year ago. I had the road test, dot physical, got my class d license, integrad precourse, then a week at integrad. They paid me mileage, plus paid me at drivers wage, with OT. a little over 45hrs for the class. Breakfast and dinner at the hotel, lunch at class. It was a great experience and I learned alot.

Johnny815

Pay starts at $11.50
seniority $12.50

You really make that little being a Saturday Air Driver?? That's how much I'm making right now p/t. I was hoping it would be more like 16$ + an hour.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
When I got the sat air job almost a year ago. I had the road test, dot physical, got my class d license, integrad precourse, then a week at integrad. They paid me mileage, plus paid me at drivers wage, with OT. a little over 45hrs for the class. Breakfast and dinner at the hotel, lunch at class. It was a great experience and I learned alot.

I would love to learn, not so much to driver full time or weekend air. I like the down time for part time. I dont like the loads I see. But I would love to go threw classes and learn all I can. UPS lacks the ability to train people quickly. I learn on my own rather quickly, it drivers me crazy they cant train more people to at least the know how to drive. I wouldnt drive often though, asked.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would love to learn, not so much to driver full time or weekend air. I like the down time for part time. I dont like the loads I see. But I would love to go threw classes and learn all I can. UPS lacks the ability to train people quickly. I learn on my own rather quickly, it drivers me crazy they cant train more people to at least the know how to drive. I wouldnt drive often though, asked.

Keep in mind that it costs the company to not only train new drivers but to keep them certified. The company pays for the DOT physicals, which are good for one to three years depending on your health.

PAS/EDD have made training new loaders and drivers much easier.

OptimusPrime

Keep in mind that it costs the company to not only train new drivers but to keep them certified. The company pays for the DOT physicals, which are good for one to three years depending on your health.

PAS/EDD have made training new loaders and drivers much easier.

Only good for two years, unless it differs from state to state. Recently did my physical again. It had been two years, and they cleared me for another two.

mikeny

Service Provider
old thread that i started. just wanted to update. i did not get picked last year, but just last week HR called me, went down to the office signed some paper work and got my study material, passed the DOT physical and in the process of taking an online computer course that i must pass before i head to Jacksonville, FL for driving school. excited and nervous as there is a lot of word-for-word stuff i need to remember.