Bidded route to training route

doodoo brown

My bidded route is now a training route, can I still bid on this or would I have to bid on something else or stay unassigned and run it because I would be the highest seniority unassigned driver. How do they determine what is a training route or is mgmt screwing with me. This route doesn't have the same stuff on it on a daily basis, how can they train someone on that.

training routes are only used when they HIRE,dont know where you are at but I think it's safe to say by the time we hire again a new management team will be in place and they won't have a clue which routes are training!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
They should not change a route to a training route until the next bid, but I don't know what the precise rules are for this. It's pretty rude.

If you bid on a training route and they hire someone and want your route, you become cover. That's why it should be clear that it's a training route when you bid so you know what you're agreeing to.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Training routes differ from area to area. Your local supplement will have the info you need. Our area the training routes are determined by management, the number is based on how many routes we have in. The drivers can choose to rebid the route or keep it. If they keep it, when it is being trained, the driver becomes a cover driver, and works as assigned.

packageguy

Something not right, if it's your bidded route, what did they did with the other training routes, I am sure you guys had 3 Trainings routes before. usually they make a open route, like someone fired or quit. they take that route for a training route.. WHY YOURS.

dcdriver

nations capital
Training routes can be bid on. If they put a new hire on the your route(training route) you become a cover driver. you can not bump a lower senior driver that has a bid route. You only can bump cover drivers that you have more senority then.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I wouldn't think you could change a bid route into a training route. You should keep what you bid on. Boss just can't decide on a whim who he wants to aggravate and make their route a training route.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In the Atlantic Area training routes have to be designated when the annual bid list is posted so everyone knows what they are bidding on, they can't just turn your route into a training route on a whim after the bid.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We have bids for life, if the company needs a new training route and nothing is open, they will pick a route a designate it a training route. At which time the driver has the choice to rebid or maintain his bid as a training route.

This is why I told you to check your local supplement, as every area will have different rules.

Check your supplemental agreement for the rules covering training areas. In most of the western states, employees who hold a bid area will not have their bid changed to a training route. Article 8 Western supplemental. Check with your steward or buisness agent.

just_a_number

i am on a training route...i get kicked off of it in june when the casuals come back... i get bounced to cover and sometimes not work at all bcause i am told we cant bump casuals...i guess these scabs(for lack of a better term)have the right to work b4 the full time seniority drivers...i was told they make trng routes based on the fact that they have all the elemrnts of a drivers day...pickups c.o.ds... comm. and resi stops...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
i am on a training route...i get kicked off of it in june when the casuals come back... i get bounced to cover and sometimes not work at all bcause i am told we cant bump casuals...i guess these scabs(for lack of a better term)have the right to work b4 the full time seniority drivers...i was told they make trng routes based on the fact that they have all the elemrnts of a drivers day...pickups c.o.ds... comm. and resi stops...

Are you a full time driver or cover?

just_a_number

went to the union about it good old 493 sucks they said i cant greive it... it saves the company money as the so called summer help make half as much as we do...so ya my local says that the company is right i cant bump a casual as a trng rte is a w.a.d. rte bullshiz if u ask me...i wish i knew where to go above my union ba head to get the truth