Big Announcement

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Boston Mike, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Boston Mike

Boston Mike New Member

UPS Management -
    Ready to make a concession? Earnings call on Tuesday ... Monday is a big day internally. Hold on to you boot straps. The table is set for one tough week!:sick:

2. pretzel_man

pretzel_man Well-Known Member

There will be a big announcement Monday. This is without a doubt.

Friends in corporate told me they have been told to be available in the morning to hear it.

What the announcement is, no one seems to have any idea. I don't expect a good week.

P-Man

3. negrosangre

negrosangre New Member

I can't see an announcement Monday, since the earning results will be on Tuesday. Announcing anything ahead of results would/will be innocuous. They can't give insider information ahead of results.

4. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

From your tone, you expect something very negative. Couldn't it just as easily be a positive announcement? Or, do you know more than you are telling?

5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps its to announce the success of the last "Target Zero" day.

6. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Or maybe they are laying the Keter people off?

7. brownblood

brownblood New Member

Survey says that when there is an announcement...management gets screwed

8. daedalus

daedalus New Member

Announcements that are expected to punish the stock are made on Friday evening.

Good news is usually made Monday mornings.

We could see the DHL announcement maybe, but I highly doubt that we will be hearing bad news on Monday morning.

9. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

We should be so lucky!

10. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

Stock split? Lord knows it could use some help.

11. probellringer

probellringer Member

we are due for good news...gas is down,,,,amazon had best peak ever----that is ALL i freakin delivered thru peak...amazon was up big last week....maybe amazon will buy us????hahahaahaaa...who knows ..im sure we will beat the lowered earnings...

12. pretzel_man

pretzel_man Well-Known Member

I don't know more than I said. I am expecting a call from my friend Monday morning. He knew nothing other than he was told to meet for an announcement.

P-Man

13. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

You'd tell us if you knew anything, right P-Man?

<you can trust us....we won't tell anyone else....>

14. outamyway

outamyway New Member

Speaking of Amazon, I justed picked up 1500 air pieces from them today. They have a distribution center here in Las Vegas. I was quite impressed with their operation. They have a HUGE warehouse with a library of books and media I couldn't even see the end of. They have huge signs all over so it's easy to tell where certain things go. The warehouse is squeaky clean too. It looked like it'd be a nice place to work:wink2:

15. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

They have come a long way from a 1000 square foot basement of a color tile and 3 employees just 13 years ago.

16. Ms Spoken

Ms Spoken New Member

Well I placed a 2 day shipping order from Amazon this past week and they used Fed-x. It took Fed-x four days to find me so guess what. It got refused and many e-mails as to why they didnt use UPS. They will loose me as a customer if they are going to use Fedx.

17. IWorkAsDirected

IWorkAsDirected Outa browns on 04/30/09

Would you mind showing them how to apply labels? They always use them as tape over the box opening, not as big a deal now with find bc, but still a pain!

18. IWorkAsDirected

IWorkAsDirected Outa browns on 04/30/09

Amazon is the only stock I have in my self managed account that is near what I paid for it, cisco and microsoft have tanked. I've lost over 30,000 twice now, so all my S&P is in safe bonds etc. Still have the $10 stocks tho, glad Amazon is staying around $50.

I bought Amazon based entirely on seeing so many we deliver, had it for about 10 11 years and it's stayed up there pretty good, went down after 9/11 alot like most everything, but it's stayed up this time.

19. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

I had a similar experience, except they shipped it by USPS. The order didn't show up on time, so I cancelled the order and got a refund. I then ordered it from another seller, and it too was late. I went to Amazon's site an left negative feedback everywhere I could. I didn't care who delivered the package, I was more concerned in knowing it had been shipped and that I could track where it was.

About a month after, the original order I had cancelled showed up. I waited for the original shipper to email me with instructions on how to return it, but they never did. About six months later, I opened the package and kept it as a Christmas present from Amazon.

I haven't been back to Amazon.com since.

20. UPSNewbie

UPSNewbie New Member

I'm not a big fan of buying off of those individual sellers. Never had a problem with Amazon. Just those few individuals.