Big Announcement

FAVREFAN

annoucements at a specfic time are never good-been thru 6 downsizings and consolidations and with this last one on Jan 5 I think i am gone with all the other admins twenty plus years means nothing to them, management will be placed in other jobs still have their bonuses and $300.00 lunches (I know I signed the receipt) it's the admins-like my little salary will help-news needs to hear about UPS letting alot of people go and see where the stocks goes from there
Hope you can hang on.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No Healthcare plan change

Not sure where you got the information, but I know that my healthcare plan has changed: I'm paying roughly double a month what I paid last year with the exact same coverage plan.

I think he meant it did not change from what it was last week.

Not on UPSer's yet - maybe tomorrow after earnings. We were told when we got in this morning. Also heard the yearly managment meeting were all the big shots meet somewhere like Palm Springs was also canceled for this year.

33in2togo

So far this is better then our competitor's announcement. Their management took a 5% pay cut. We need to continue to perform to the best of our abilities. I have the utmost confidence that we are set for the long haul. Short term their may be additional sacrifices we may endure. I am in favor of the intensity being increased to the routinely poor performers. When I say poor performers I am not simply looking at a report.

747jetmech

the real 18 wheelers
so let me get this right.. No Mgt layoff.. basically no changes. this company is so top loaded and it's the blue collar workers getting the job done. the drivers, airline mechanics and ground side workers getting layoff notices.. this is just wrong. i say get rid of 1/2 middle mgt and 1/2 supervisors. quit outsourcing and bring more jobs inhouse. give more work to america and less to asia

So far this is better then our competitor's announcement. Their management took a 5% pay cut. We need to continue to perform to the best of our abilities. I have the utmost confidence that we are set for the long haul. Short term their may be additional sacrifices we may endure. I am in favor of the intensity being increased to the routinely poor performers. When I say poor performers I am not simply looking at a report.

Totally agree!

sweetpea

so let me get this right.. No Mgt layoff.. basically no changes. this company is so top loaded and it's the blue collar workers getting the job done. the drivers, airline mechanics and ground side workers getting layoff notices.. this is just wrong. i say get rid of 1/2 middle mgt and 1/2 supervisors. quit outsourcing and bring more jobs inhouse. give more work to america and less to asia

and don't forget the admins-they have downsized us sooooo much pretty soon there will be no more admins-they always find them jobs, i would rather give up a raise then have no job-i agree with you 100% but I guess we are the only ones that see this. I am tired ot talking to people in India for help bring our jobs back.

pkg handler

so as far as all management from the bottom to the top ..no yearly performance review raises ..? so we will stay at our current salary permanently ?

nedroc

I am pissed and ready to throw up. For example, if you were gonna get a $200 dollar raise and will work for 15 more years, this means about $60,000 loss in wages. It also pisses me off that I worked my tail off this year to be told a month before raises that we will not get one. For all who are trying to sugar coat this, stop this nonsense and give me a break. I think it stinks and unless I see Union employees giving up their raises this year, then it will prove that top mgmt is spineless and completely unfair to the poor Mgmt folks who have gotten screwed of so much over the past 10 years...Talk about stock elimination for 09 means I am gone. Maybe not immediately but as soon as the economy improves... That's what kept me around and them messing with raises, stock and benfits will just do it for me....they can have all the C & D players they want. They will not have me....

I am pissed and ready to throw up. For example, if you were gonna get a $200 dollar raise and will work for 15 more years, this means about $60,000 loss in wages. It also pisses me off that I worked my tail off this year to be told a month before raises that we will not get one. For all who are trying to sugar coat this, stop this nonsense and give me a break. I think it stinks and unless I see Union employees giving up their raises this year, then it will prove that top mgmt is spineless and completely unfair to the poor Mgmt folks who have gotten screwed of so much over the past 10 years...Talk about stock elimination for 09 means I am gone. Maybe not immediately but as soon as the economy improves... That's what kept me around and them messing with raises, stock and benfits will just do it for me....they can have all the C & D players they want. They will not have me....
Come on, don't hold back...tell us how you really feel.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Got a feeling you're not CEO material. Hope that was not in your plans. :funny:

What Nedroc said........

What we hear.......Me,Me,Me,Mine,Me,Me,Me ....oh and Me.

Gosh,that was inspiring. Maybe you can give that speech tomorrow and motivate the troops.

Leftinbuilding

So you won't get your raise. Cry me a river. Try having your hours cut to a straight 8 and taking a $200.00-$300.00 a week cut. You get zero sympathy from this quarter.

drewed

Shankman
What Nedroc said........

What we hear.......Me,Me,Me,Mine,Me,Me,Me ....oh and Me.

Gosh,that was inspiring. Maybe you can give that speech tomorrow and motivate the troops.

Cach in his defense, we're all doing that: the drivers, the 22.3s, the AMX, the management people; we're all worried about the future holds we all want to defend our points of view...Im wont defend what the SalesGuy said in the other thread but his point is valid theres only so much cold calling you can do, most drivers have somewhat of a personal relationship with the people they deliver to and to extent have an idea what they ship through USPS and FDX, thats something he'll never know unless a sales lead is turned in.

We need to think as a company over it being us vs them arguememnt that weve all had over and over again.