Big Announcement

upser_J

Hey Guys, like i was posting in the We as a company thread....how would you feel if you werent getting your .35? Youd be bitching and moaning just like he is...it may happen someday so give the guy some slack.

haha... right now i could go without that raise just to ensure I will continue to have a 40-hour+ -a-week job. Maybe you should move to Detroit and see how those guys out there are doing right now. Must be really great to continuously worry if your company is going to declare bankruptcy and you'd be without a job. Or maybe, call DHL and ask them to ship something in the US... oh wait... we know what is happening there. I don't have sympathy for people who want to complain right now about not getting a raise when good hard working people are being laid off around the country.

upser j right on, all you cry babies deal with it and be GLAD you have a job and stop letting the union protect those that do not deserve to be working-get a real job
You need a little work on your reading comprehension skills. The person upser_j was replying to is in management, so your slam towards the union hit a brick wall.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Someone told me that Mgt was told that their retirement wasn't guaranteed if they didn't retire this year. Anyone else hear that?

Brown, do yourself (and us) a favor. Read what you posted and then ask yourself if this statement makes any sense to you. I am willing to bet that the answer would be no.

nedroc

Well,

I was pissed about this announcment. I am not any more. Techs are not included. We still get 5% on stock so that is good for now. I thought they were taking it out completely.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. Sorry Mgmt.. Maybe next year.... for once we get an advantage....

brownblood

UPstate...I'll grant you that the question could use more clarity. So, has anyone heard that Mgt's pension would not be guaranteed unless they retired this year??

pretzel_man

Brown, do yourself (and us) a favor. Read what you posted and then ask yourself if this statement makes any sense to you. I am willing to bet that the answer would be no.

No... The Q&A said the opposite.

No change to management pension. No layoffs.

Now, if the recession gets deeper than though or lasts longer than anticipated (through 2009), who knows what next steps may take place.

P-Man

newfie

As a recently retired UPS mangement person who spent 28 years with UPS, the announcement made regarding freezing management payroll and suspending 401k match is mild in comparison what other Fortune 500 companies are doing to survive in today and the future economic projections.

Some union employees have been laid off, but will have the opportunity to come back to work once the volume picks up.

Our full time drivers who are laid off, will be back to work, once vacations start.

Our management employees have been downsized since the 90's with district and region consolidations, are taking pay and benefit custs, and are doing more with less management support.

But one thing that I feel is constant, is all UPS employees, management and non union are willing to cut back their own hours or salaries to keep their fellow employees working. That is the culture of UPS, to take care of one another, understanding the opportunity to do so exists.

And I am not so naive to think my retirement benefits will change one day, so you have to live your life today, as you won't have benefits in the future. Now that may all change with our new leader in the White House, but for now, my life style will be minimal, based on the economic outlook for the next 2 years.
Well Said. Rest in Peace my old friend.

cachmeifucan

haha... right now i could go without that raise just to ensure I will continue to have a 40-hour+ -a-week job. Maybe you should move to Detroit and see how those guys out there are doing right now. Must be really great to continuously worry if your company is going to declare bankruptcy and you'd be without a job. Or maybe, call DHL and ask them to ship something in the US... oh wait... we know what is happening there. I don't have sympathy for people who want to complain right now about not getting a raise when good hard working people are being laid off around the country.
I chose ups and am glad they are doing good. I don't want others to suffer but I need a raise just to keep up with inflation. Ups is always hiring in case you want hard labor steady job with benefits

cachmeifucan

Record profits 7.8 billion thanks to trump's corporate tax break of around 13%. I think last year was over 6 billion for the first time. This new CEO Carol time is the best thing to happen to ups in years so far. Wondering what our next contract will look like under her regime. I bet the dividend won't be the same as when she started. In 2 years ups stock will be around 300 a share

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Record profits 7.8 billion thanks to trump's corporate tax break of around 13%. I think last year was over 6 billion for the first time. This new CEO Carol time is the best thing to happen to ups in years so far. Wondering what our next contract will look like under her regime. I bet the dividend won't be the same as when she started. In 2 years ups stock will be around 300 a share
Also the PPP loan doesn't have to be paid back if 60%of it is used for salaries (management bonuses)

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
1612666714043.png