Big Bonus for managers

CJinx

What does TLH stand for? Just curious, our station got the award for not only the district but the whole region for inbound operation.
Total labor hours. It is one of several metrics that sorts are judged on. I forget exactly but I believe the rough calculation is freight count divided by staffing divided by sort length. The goal is to beg, borrow, and steal to get that number as high as possible.

STFXG

Or to stack outside of trucks, send home loaders, and make the drivers deal with it. Just another bs fedex metric.

robdabanks

I have been dispatched 40-45 min late every day for the past week because the truck is never loaded on time. Nothing has been done, and I complain every day.

CJinx

Or to stack outside of trucks, send home loaders, and make the drivers deal with it. Just another bs fedex metric.
Just two of many tricks used to meet or beat goal. Problem is that TLH is not just another bs metric; it is the bs metric. A station might tank a bunch of other metrics and get a finger wag on the weekly conference call... Come in last place on TLH and prepare to get tarred and feathered.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano purposely just doesn't get it.

He's a paid shill to object to our opinions and paint a pretty picture of a garbage company. And badly at that I might add.

Actions speak louder than words, and every day that you show up when there are better offerings out there says a lot.

59 Dano

What you don't seem to get is most of us like the work, we just want honesty(and fair pay)from our employer. Being lied to and cheated after many years of hard work tends to eat at us. Do you think we should just shrug it off and walk around with a big smile?

No, I think you should quit and then come back (again).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL, you are the one who quit and came back. Why did you come back to FedEx instead of getting a job somewhere else?

Once again, Dano, here is the explanation. There are many of us (me included) who started at FedEx during the good years where getting a job at FedEx was like working for Apple or Microsoft. The company made promises that were not kept, but we stayed, which, in hindsight, was a mistake. Now, we're old enough where we are basically stuck. Fred sold us down the river, and then kept right on taking away.

Sure, we could leave, but we aren't competitive with 20 or 30-somethings in the job market. As for van coming back, I don't get that one either.

59 Dano

Once again, Dano, here is the explanation. There are many of us (me included) who started at FedEx during the good years where getting a job at FedEx was like working for Apple or Microsoft. The company made promises that were not kept, but we stayed, which, in hindsight, was a mistake. Now, we're old enough where we are basically stuck. Fred sold us down the river, and then kept right on taking away.

Sure, we could leave, but we aren't competitive with 20 or 30-somethings in the job market. As for van coming back, I don't get that one either.

Fifty year-olds get hired every day for nice jobs that pay nice salaries. If you were as smart as you think you are, you'd be working somewhere else now, as you promised over and over.

vantexan

Fifty year-olds get hired every day for nice jobs that pay nice salaries. If you were as smart as you think you are, you'd be working somewhere else now, as you promised over and over.
Never mind that it's common knowledge that the job market is much tougher for those 50+ years old, that millions are out of work and scrambling for anything that pays well. That's why I came back to FedEx, they can't keep people with their pay schemes, so I knew at 52 I could get rehired.

vantexan

I came back because this was a domicile far away from the fun of station life. It has it's negatives but is far and away better than getting up early and putting up with idiocy. My only real option other than FedEx with my health issues and age was over-the-road trucking. Don't worry, I'll be gone soon enough.

Code43

Never mind that it's common knowledge that the job market is much tougher for those 50+ years old, that millions are out of work and scrambling for anything that pays well. That's why I came back to FedEx, they can't keep people with their pay schemes, so I knew at 52 I could get rehired.

This actually makes sense.