Big Changes Ahead in TSG

A

an anonymous guest

Rumors

1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay. ~
3. A spark chipped off a piece of BS meant to start a fire.
4. Bait to unwitting fish.
5. A waste of time.

IN your case, be careful what you wish for, for you will surely get it.

Go UPS!
P71

nosupport4u

Big Changes Ahead in TSG

Don't we hear this just about every year?

If there are cut-backs in January; it won't just be TSG...
I can agree with this after seeing some the changes that have taken place and more still to come....

Familyguy

Here is the deal... It is very obvious that this time January will be different. UPS is always, and I mean always looking for ways to save money. If that means reducing staff to increase both efficiency and cut expenditures on payroll and healthcare then we must deduct from that TTG, IT or whatever you call it is a prime target...

If there are cut-backs in January; it won't just be TSG...

I am part of a district consolidation; I have no idea what is going on with my job. Now I am hearing that UPS is going to offer partners demotions. If they have a job available. This sucks.

Deeohem

I am part of a district consolidation; I have no idea what is going on with my job. Now I am hearing that UPS is going to offer partners demotions. If they have a job available. This sucks.

Yeah, but that's not because your district is getting consolidated. It's because your manager is going to be forced to make the 2009 cost plan equal to or LESS than 2008 actual cost. Even if the June raise is zero, there's still going to have to be cost cutting

ImpactedTSG

Every January I call some of my old UPS Tech buddies and see who still has a job. Looks like this year could be more interesting than most.

You spoke to a couple of your old UPS Tech Buddies who lead you to believe that this year “could be more interesting than most” What were their thoughts?

celtics 2009

this happened again today on district conf call very general discription of layoffs did not state any numbers of how many effected this is a joke get out while you still can the writing is on the wall pmt is a joke and so is j bevis and jack

Dfigtree

this happened again today on district conf call very general discription of layoffs did not state any numbers of how many effected this is a joke get out while you still can the writing is on the wall pmt is a joke and so is j bevis and jack

Keep tellin' ya. UPS should never have gone public.

What do you think the equation is?

Layoff X full-of-hot-air senior managers to save Y hardworking ISers

Maybe 10 for 1. Fire one Mr. Putz and save the jobs of 10 hardworking ISers
(and productivity/job satisfaction would go way up)

eXpendableTSG

Yep. I guess that we will find out more tomorrow. I'll tell you one thing... if I ever see J Bevis walking down the street, I would kick him straight in the nuts. Come to think of it, he would just shield his nuts with the sack of nuts he holds from his management team. They do nothing to show corporate what fools they are for believing in J Bevis and his magical reports.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

always liked ee cummings the way he did not capitalize use punctuation or conjunctions :weird:

Buffalo Bill's defunct who used to ride a watersmooth-silver stallion and break onetwothreefourfive pigeonsjustlikethat Jesus he was a handsome man and what i want to know is how do you like your blueeyed boy Mister Death

A

an anonymous guest

I always try to read his work with fustian literalism. The startling pedantry forces once to veritable ooze transcendentalism.

Go UPS!
P71

A

an anonymous guest

Keep tellin' ya. UPS should never have gone public.

What do you think the equation is?

Layoff X full-of-hot-air senior managers to save Y hardworking ISers

Maybe 10 for 1. Fire one Mr. Putz and save the jobs of 10 hardworking ISers
(and productivity/job satisfaction would go way up)

Hey there Defigger......its over 9 years since UPS went public, if there ever was to be some kind of LBO to take it private again, now owuld be the time. I sure don't want that. It would just allow whats left of the dead wood to put their heads back in the sandpit.

Go UPS!
(Publicly competitive since 1999)
P71

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I always try to read his work with fustian literalism. The startling pedantry forces once to veritable ooze transcendentalism.

Go UPS!
P71

That is The Irony of ee cummings that he does not use big words in a pompous way he is but a hawker at circus sideshow.