Big Changes Ahead in TSG

nerrollus

Sounds good to me...anyone at UPS feel that way?

lol, I don't know anyone at UPS that is happy or likes their job. It's either a means to an end, or they've been here too long to go somewhere else, OR they started when it was a good place to work, then it all went down hill and for whatever reason you're just not able to get out.

Sad really ... I always see news stories about how great a company UPS is to work for and all this propaganda, but just about everyone that works here is unhappy. I guess I just don't subscribe to the theory that work is work and you work every day at a job you hate because you have to. That's just an old way of thinking...

The world needs ditch diggers, yes, but I'm not one of them and I'm not going to settle for a job that I hate. I used to love my job, and I wish I still could, but the way the company is going it seems like they're not going to stop until everyone hates their job as much as the ditch diggers.

The worst thing about being cynical is that you are invariably right.

Boy isn't that the truth ... It's hard not being cynical when the people with a cynical outlook on things are always right. Looking back, the people that were preaching doom several years ago look like prophets now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sad really ... I always see news stories about how great a company UPS is to work for and all this propaganda, but just about everyone that works here is unhappy. I guess I just don't subscribe to the theory that work is work and you work every day at a job you hate because you have to.

Now that's different from what you were saying before.
You used the words "enjoys" and "loves".
I don't know anyone at UPS who "enjoys" and "loves" their job. I actually like my job and get a lot of satisfaction from it.

However, there are a very few I know who hate their job or is unhappy because of their job.
I agree, if someone really hates the job or is unhappy because of their job, they need to move on.

Most people I see at UPS (and in life in general) that are unhappy is because that is their nature. Their attitude is more a reflection of themselves than their environment.

Last edited:

ImpactedTSG

Anyone have more news on TSG layoffs?
Usually there are a ton of posts when the announcment is made, then the techs are threatened that they will not get their seperation package if they post about it on BC and it gets silent. After they get their package and are gone, they come back to BC and say how wonderful it is in the real IT world. Stay tuned!

lorri47

I am not a union employee and I must say I like my job. Of course, I realize the package drivers work a lot harder than I do. Most non union people (I can't speak for management) do not hate their job. How sad is it to come to work every day when you hate the job! Hate is a very strong word.

asdf

We've got a couple guys right now that don't even own a home computer and got hired as TSG techs because they have a college degree and want to promote up.

Dear Kind Sir, I am greatly desiring of such opportunity and would you please be telling me where to sign up?

:funny: